Lecture Capture and Live Streaming
Mediasite is a solution for capturing live presentations and streaming those recordings on the Web. It is comprised of the classroom recorders (at Deacon Tower classrooms) and a portable recorder unit (for on-site recordings) and the media web server which hosts the media files for real-time live streaming and playback of previously recorded events.
- Northwest AHEC maintains a robust dual processor machine for streaming presentations inside and outside of the WFBMC network firewall.
- Presentations use about 1mb per minute of storage space and are available for up to 2 years.
- Presentations can be streamed live (as they are taking place) or on demand (after they have been recorded).
Capturing your on-site event (outside of our Deacon Tower classrooms) typically takes a Northwest AHEC staff person to operate the equipment for on-site recording. Thirty minutes or more before and after the event are required for set up and breakdown.
Live and recorded presentations are viewed in the Mediasite viewer window that loads in your web browser.
How much does it cost?
- $125 per hour
- 1.5 hours of technician time for every 1 hour of finished Mediasite recording
- 1 hour of set up/breakdown per recording
- 1 hour if recording is to be a CE activity with the following information stored in statewide database (CASCE):
Online registration, Secure online payment, Authenticated login to course, Credit awarded by NWAHEC
- CD-ROM copies of the presentation can be requested at $5 per copy
Note: Mediasite charges do not include continuing education administrative costs or activity registration fees.
Submit a Mediasite Request
- Have the presenter complete the Presenter Recording Permission Form (opens in a new browser window)
- Complete the Mediasite Recording Request Form (Opens in a new brwoser window)
- Your submissions will be mailed to the Northwest AHEC technical staff
- Someone will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your request in detail
- Presenters or their proxies will need to complete the recording permission form prior to the event (opens in a new browser window).