The Leadership Council promotes and provides opportunities for leadership development and communication, and enhances the practice of professional nursing at WFBMC.
The council utilizes internal and external benchmarking data, research and evidence-based practice to ensure the delivery of quality, cost-effective nursing care, the availability and appropriate utilization of necessary resources, and the attainment of positive outcomes.
Leadership Council activities include:
- Ensuring the appropriate material and human resources necessary to meet patient care requirements
- Developing a budgetary philosophy reflective of current economic parameters
- Facilitating mechanisms that support unit-/area-based and system-wide shared governance
- Coaching and mentoring staff to develop decision-making processes which enhance the practice of the professional nurse within Shared Governance
- Supporting the implementation of system wide processes and changes