Grants & Contracts Administration
Grants & Contracts Administration handles all pre-award and non-financial post-award activities for all sponsored research in the institution. Pre-award activities include activities from the pre-proposal stage to the receipt and processing of the award, up to the point of account set-up. We also develop and communicate institution-wide policies specific to sponsored programs.
Our ultimate goal is to support sponsored research by providing exceptional service, expertise, and education while maintaining a collaborative model of stewardship among all University faculty and staff.
Services offered include:
- Clarification of sponsors' proposal guidelines and institutional requirements for sponsored funding.
- Review of proposals for accuracy of budget components and rates such as fringe benefits and indirect costs.
- Final pre-submission proposal review, compliance verification, and institutional signature.
- Negotiation and acceptance of grant and contract awards.
- Negotiation and acceptance of material transfer agreements for all receiving materials (incoming) and providing (outgoing) materials to non-profit entities. (Providing materials to for-profit entities is handled by the Office of Technology Asset Management.)
- Negotiation and acceptance of confidentiality agreements for the providing or receipt of information related to research proposals and activities.
- Liaison with other administrative offices, such as Financial Services/Grants Management, Technology Asset Management, Purchasing, Compliance, Risk Management, and Legal Counsel for specialized support matters.
- Assistance with selected post-award matters such as prior approvals, budget revisions, no-cost extensions, subcontract issuance to commercial entities (non-profit funding); and subcontract issues to all entities (for-profit funding). (Subcontract issuance to non-profit entities is handled by the Grants Management, Financial Services office.)
- Educational outreach through brown bags, workshops and individual training on various research administration topics.