Foot and Ankle
Foot and Ankle: About Us
As an academic medical center, where we treat patients and conduct research, we treat a broad spectrum of injuries and patients. That makes us the best choice for the most complex procedures as well as basic treatments.
Our orthopaedic experts comprise the most robust sports medicine center in the region, so we regularly treat Division I college athletes. But it doesn't matter if you are a Wake Forest soccer player, skilled laborer or active grandmother who wants to keep up with the kids. Our goal is the same: to get you back on your feet as soon as possible.
Foot and Ankle Services Designed for Patients
Our commitment to excellent service begins as soon as you walk in the door. That's why we have made every effort to prioritize convenience. Our patients don't have to drive to multiple locations for the rehabilitative services and devices they need.
- Our orthopaedists and podiatrists work together as a team, keeping patients in the same system for complete foot and ankle care.
- Our physicians enjoy a seamless line of communication with the in-house physical therapy team at CompRehab Plaza, one of the region's most sophisticated outpatient rehabilitation centers.
- Orthotic and prosthetic specialists are available to meet with patients once a week right in our offices to create customized footwear, shoe inserts and artificial limbs.
Experts in Foot and Ankle Care
Our foot and ankle team includes both orthopaedists and podiatrists who are fellowship-trained experts in their fields. They work together to treat every aspect of foot and ankle care, including state-of-the-art reconstructions. We:
- Are the only practice in the region that performs ankle replacements
- Offer reconstructive surgery for complex deformity corrections with external fixators
- Perform complex heel spur surgeries that many podiatrists do n ot offer
As part of an academic medical center, they are also at the forefront of new research to find better ways to treat common problems like Achilles tendonitis and ruptures. Learn more about our research programs.
Request an appointment online now.