A pre-operative appointment is usually scheduled 1 to 2 weeks prior to your surgery and will take about half of your day. At the pre-operative appointment you will:
- Meet with your doctor to discuss your surgery and answer any of your questions.
- Meet with a research data collector.
- Have updated x-rays done, if needed.
- Meet with the anesthesiologist to:
- Have some blood work done.
- Have an examination.
- Discuss medicines.
- Discuss how you will fall asleep.
Take a tour of the Brenner Children's Hospital with our Child Life Specialist who will tell you all about where you will stay and about the activity room.