The Chemistry Lab at North Carolina Baptist Hospital and Wake Forest School of Medicine is a highly automated facility offering services 365 days a year, seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
Most chemistry procedures now use micro methods with very few requiring more than 0.2 mL serum or plasma. Common chemistry assays are typically completed within several hours of receipt and all but a few in-house tests are done the day they are received.
In addition, we have several specialized instruments for Capillary Electrophoresis and HPLC assays. We perform approximately four million tests per year.
Specialized tests offered:
- Cryoglobulin analysis & phenotyping by capillary electrophoresis (1 mL serum collected at 37 C)
- Non-radioactive glomerular filtration rate
- Lamotrigine / Amiodorone / Felbamate / FK506 and Cyclosporine
- VMA/HVA by HPLC with electrochemical detection
- Microalbumin Analysis +
- DOT breath alcohol testing
- Plasma and urine drug screens using automated HPLC
- Glycated Hemoglobin by automated HPLC
- TDM testing using Immunoassay
- Hormone and Tumor Markers using Immunoassay
- Thyroid testing using Immunoassay
- Homocysteine Analysis (Folate, B12)
Samples from outside the medical center as well as contract work can be accepted. Call the lab at 336-716-2661 for arrangements and instructions.
The application of automated and chromatographic techniques with special emphasis on capillary electrophoresis to clinical diagnosis.