Family Medicine - King
Family Medicine Doctors in King, Tobaccoville, Pinnacle and Other Stokes County Communities
The family medicine doctors and other health care professionals at Family Medicine – King deliver exceptional medical care with a focus on personalized and comprehensive medical care. Dr. James Irion, and Katrina Denton, FNP-C, work closely with patients of all ages in King, Mountain View, Jefferson Woods, Rural Hall and Tobaccoville to help them maintain optimal health and wellness.
Care and Services
- Preventive medicine
- Newborn, pediatric and adolescent medicine
- Preventive health and disease management education
- Outpatient surgical care for minor procedures, such as skin biopsies, mole or skin tag removal
- Direct access to more than 800 nationally and world renowned doctors who specialize in neurology, surgery, urology, cancer treatment and other medical specialties
James Irion, MD, MPH
| ||What makes Dr. James Irion distinct is his well-rounded background. Before completing medical school at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Irion earned a master’s degree in public health and completed pharmacy school and physician assistant studies. Irion is board-certified in family medicine and is particularly interested in preventive medicine, diabetes treatment and geriatrics. He believes that a good practitioner listens to his patients, addresses their specific concerns and helps educate them on the best ways to maintain optimal health.|
Learn more about Dr. Irion | Request an Appointment with Dr. Irion
Katrina Denton, FNP-C
Katrina was born and raised in North Carolina. She
moved to Indiana for schooling and stayed to practice as a registered nurse for
17 years. In 2001 she received her master’s in nursing from Indiana University.
Katrina moved back to North Carolina in 2005 to be closer to family. She has
been practicing as a nurse practitioner with Wake Forest Baptist Health since.
Hobbies include cooking, reading, hiking and camping.
| || || |
Request an Appointment with Katrina Denton
Location and Hours of Operation
Families who live or work in areas of Stokes County, including King, Pilot Mountain, Cotswald, Glen Oaks, Jefferson Oaks and Pinnacle, will find the doctors and health care professionals at Family Medicine – King an exceptional choice for leading-edge, comprehensive medical care.
Practice Coordinator: Tammy Y. Chisholm
167 Moore Road
King, NC 27021
New Patient Appointments: 336-716-WAKE or request an appointment online
Returning Patient Appointments: 336-713-4229
Hours of Operation
Mon - Fri: 8 am - 5 pm
- Advantra Freedom (Coventry)
- Aetna Health of the Carolinas, Inc. (all plans)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina (all plans)
- Blue Medicare HMO & PPO (formerly Partners Medicare Advantage)
- Carolina Access (Medicaid)
- Carolina Behavioral Health Alliance
- CCN/THAN (part of First Health)
- CIGNA Healthcare (all plans)
- Coventry Advantra Medicare Advantage
- Fidelis Senior Care of North Carolina, Inc. (Medicare + Choice Plan)
- First Health Network
- Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Co.
- Health Care Savings
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Humana Gold Choice
- MAMSI Life & Health Alliance PPO (OneNet)
- NC State Employees and Teachers Group Health
- Secure Horizons Direct - Pacificare
- Security Choice - Unicare
- Southern Health Services, Inc.
- Today’s Options (Pyramid Life)
- Tyson Foods
- United Behavioral Health
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Medicare Complete (HMO & PPO)
- United Healthcare Medicare Complete Essential RX