Family Medicine - Peace Haven
Family Medicine and Care in the Robinhood Road and Sherwood Forest Areas of Winston-Salem
The doctors at Family Medicine - Peace Haven provide the highest level of general medical care to children, teenagers, adults and elderly patients living in the Sherwood Forest, Polo Road and Peace Haven Road areas of northwest Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Our doctors are Drs. Mark Andrews, Sandra Farland, Sarah Redding, Alicia Walters-Stewart, and Davis Vu are board-certified physicians who provide optimal care with a focus on developing and maintaining a strong physician-patient relationship.
Care and Services
- Preventive medicine
- Women's health
- Pediatric and adolescent medicine
- Geriatric care and treatment
- Sports medicine, including physicals for student athletes
- Preventative health and disease management education
- Community outreach, including speaking engagements at schools and assisted living facilities, community health fairs
- On-site labs and routine X-rays
- Satellite office for orthopaedic treatment
- Outpatient surgical care for minor procedures, such as skin biopsies, mole or skin tag removal
- Gynecological care
- Direct access to more than 800 nationally and world renowned doctors who specialize in neurology, surgery, urology, cancer treatment and other medical specialties
Mark Andrews, MD
Board certified in both family medicine and geriatric medicine, Dr. Mark Andrews provides exceptional family medical care to patients of all ages, including cryosurgical and basic surgery procedures. "Good listening skills are critical to achieving the care goals of my patients," says Dr. Andrews, who follows a patient-centered model of care and supports open communication between the patient and the doctor. The former director of family medicine residency training at Wake Forest School of Medicine, Dr. Andrews currently oversees the procedural training of the School of Medicine's family medicine residents.
Learn more about Dr. Andrews | Request an Appointment with Dr. Andrews
Sandra Farland, MD
Originally trained as a nurse, Dr. Sandra Farland, a board-certified family medicine physician, believes in the importance of a holistic and all-encompassing approach to the care of her patients. While she sees all types of patients, Dr. Farland's specialties are procedural, family, adolescent and newborn medicine, women's health and pediatrics. "I love seeing patients, especially families, over time," says Dr. Farland. "I enjoy getting to know them and being a part of their health care."
Learn more about Dr. Farland | Request an Appointment with Dr. Farland
Sarah Redding, MD
Dr. Sarah Redding is board certified in both geriatrics and family medicine and provides care to patients of all ages. She recently finished her geriatrics fellowship at Mount Sinai in NYC. Dr. Redding is passionate about primary care, particularly for the geriatric population. Special interests include memory loss, depression, and poly pharmacy. Dr. Redding will also be teaching medical students, residents and fellows at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in the Sticht Center. Dr. Redding is proficient and conversational in Spanish. In her spare time, Sarah enjoys hiking, swimming, and playing guitar.
| || || |
Learn more about Dr. Redding | Request and Appointment with Dr. Redding
Alicia Walters-Stewart, MD
Dr. Alicia Walters-Stewart believes in caring for the whole patient and in developing and supporting an open and trusting patient-physician relationship. "I think patients should be actively involved in decision making about their care," she says. "Having this team approach leads to better long-term outcomes." A board-certified family doctor, Dr. Walters-Stewart cares for patients of all ages and has special interests in office-based procedures, women's health and pediatric & adolescent medicine.
Learn more about Dr. Walters-Stewart | Request an Appointment with Dr. Walters-Stewart
Davis Vu, M.D.
Dr. Vu, originally from Cincinnati, OH, was the first person in his family born in the U.S. Dr. Vu graduated the University of Dayton (OH) and received his medical degree from the University of Cincinnati. He completed his residency in family medicine and fellowship in sports medicine. He enjoys travel, sports, movies and being outdoors with his wife, also a WFBH physician, and three children.
Learn more about Dr. Davis Vu | Request an Appointment with Dr. Vu
Location and Hours of Operation
Patients who live or work in the northwest region of Winston-Salem, as well as Lewisville and Clemmons, including areas near Robinhood Road and Shattalon Drive, and are looking for a highly skilled family practice physician may find the doctors and staff at Family Medicine - Peace Haven a great choice for their health care partner.
Practice Manager: Rita Y. Smith
1930 North Peace Haven Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27106
New Patient Appointments: 336-716-WAKE or request an appointment online
Returning Patients: 336-831-9001
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Closed for lunch daily: 12 pm - 12:45 pm
- Advantra Freedom (Coventry)
- Aetna Health of the Carolinas, Inc. (all plans)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina (all plans)
- Blue Medicare HMO & PPO
(formerly Partners Medicare Advantage)
- Carolina Access (Medicaid)
- CCN/THAN (part of First Health)
- CIGNA Healthcare (all plans)
- Coventry Advantra Medicare Advantage
- Fidelis Senior Care of North Carolina, Inc. (Medicare + Choice Plan)
- First Health Network
- Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Co.
- Health Care Savings
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Humana Gold Choice
- MAMSI Life & Health Alliance PPO (OneNet)
- NC State Employees and Teachers Group Health
- Preferred Care of Virginia
- Primary Physician Care
- Secure Horizons Direct - Pacificare
- Security Choice - Unicare
- Today’s Options (Pyramid Life)
- Tyson Foods
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Medicare Complete (HMO & PPO)
- United Healthcare Medicare Complete Essential RX