Internal Medicine - Wilkes
Internal Medicine and Primary Care in Wilkes County, North Carolina
Located in West Park Shopping Center in North Wilkesboro, NC, Internal Medicine - Wilkes provides exceptional, full-service internal medicine and primary medical care to adult patients living in Wilkesboro, North Wilkesboro, Hamptonville, Lenoir and other Wilkes County communities. Drs. Dariel Rathmell, William Watkins and Sherri Williams, all board certified in internal medicine, treat adult and geriatric patients with a focus on providing personalized, optimal medical care and access to the exceptional specialists at Wake Forest Baptist Health.
Care and Services
- Preventive wellness checks
- Management of chronic problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, arthritis and heart problems
- Care of acute problems such as sinus infections and muscle sprains
- Care and patient education for the geriatric patient
- On-site labs and X-rays
- Echocardiograms performed at the office and reviewed and interpreted by a Wake Forest Baptist Health cardiologist
- Direct access to more than 800 nationally and world renowned doctors who specialize in heart care, orthopaedics, cancer treatment and other medical specialties
Dariel Rathmell, MD
A board certified physician specializing in internal medicine, Dr. Dariel Rathmell believes in the importance of communication and honesty between the physician and the patient. This, she asserts, allows for a free flow of information and better long-term health. Dr. Rathmell stresses the importance of preventative care with her patients, but is very involved during times of illness. Dr. Rathmell joined Wake Forest Baptist Health after a successful career in private practice.
Learn more about Dr. Rathmell | Request an Appointment with Dr. Rathmell
William Watkins, MD
Dr. William Watkins, board certified in internal medicine, enjoys the interactions he shares with his patients and encourages open lines of communication, honesty and openness. By sharing his knowledge and experience, he hopes to encourage his patients to maintain healthy lifestyles and practice preventative care.
Learn more about Dr. Watkins | Request an Appointment with Dr. Watkins
Sherri Williams, DO
Dr. Sherri Williams, board-certified in internal medicine, specializes in geriatric medicine, diabetes, women's health and preventative medicine. She believes in openness and transparency with her patients. "My philosophy is honesty," she says. "I will always be honest with my patients, even if I have to say something they may not want to hear." Dr. Williams considers herself a guide for her patients; she works with her patients to help them obtain optimal health.
Learn more about Dr. Williams | Request an Appointment with Dr. Williams
Location and Hours of Operation
Adult patients who live or work in North Wilkesboro and surrounding communities, including McGrady, Elkin and Taylorsville, will find the doctors at Internal Medicine - Wilkes exceptional choices for responsive and comprehensive medical care.
Practice Manager: Kim Bumgarner
1916 West Park Dr.
North Wilkesboro, NC 28659
New Patient Appointments: 336-716-WAKE or request an appointment online
Returning Patients: 336-903-2900
Hours of Operation
Mon - Fri: 8 am - 5 pm
- Advantra Freedom (Coventry)
- Aetna Health of the Carolinas, Inc. (all plans)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina (all plans)
- Blue Medicare HMO & PPO (formerly Partners Medicare Advantage)
- Carolina Access (Medicaid)
- CCN/THAN (part of First Health)
- CIGNA Healthcare (all plans)
- Coventry Advantra Medicare Advantage
- DirectNet PPO
- First Health Network
- Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Co.
- Health Care Savings
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Humana Gold Choice
- MAMSI Life & Health Alliance PPO (OneNet)
- NC State Employees and Teachers Group Health
- Primary Physician Care
- Secure Horizons Direct - Pacificare
- Security Choice - Unicare
- Southern Health Services, Inc.
- Today’s Options (Pyramid Life)
- Tyson Foods
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Medicare Complete (HMO & PPO)