Allergy and Immunologic Diseases
At our Allergy, Asthma and Immunology clinics, we provide more options, resources and services for diagnosis and treatment than are readily available at many other medical facilities. Patients see allergist/immunologists who include nationally recognized experts in the field, and are certified by the American Board of Allergy & Immunology, a conjoint board of the American Board of Internal Medicine and American Board of Pediatrics. Our faculty physicians also train subspecialty physicians and engage in research. Our services feature:
- A truly multi-disciplinary approach that involves extensive patient education and close communication with referring physicians.
- Cutting edge diagnostics and treatment modalities: Our practice philosophy reflects the most current and valid research in the field.
- Greater ability than most offices and clinics to perform challenges to food and drugs to help diagnose food and drug allergies, and to perform drug desensitization when needed.
- Evaluation of patients with frequent or unusual infections, as the largest center for the diagnosis and treatment of primary immunodeficiency in the Western North Carolina and Western Virginia region.
- Use of state of the art recommendations for providing specific allergy immunotherapy (allergy shots), and a focus on treating each individual for their own unique allergic profile.
- We care for adults and children with:
- Nasal and sinus problems (both allergic and non allergic)
- Drug allergy
- Food allergy
- Recurrent infections and primary immune deficiency disorders
- Hives (urticaria), allergic skin problems, and angioedema
- Stinging insect allergy