Backed by the latest technology, research and a team of specialists, we are discovering new and better treatments for respiratory conditions and diseases that will improve your quality of life.
Services provided at Wake Forest University University Baptist Medical Center that are not readily available at other medical facilities include:
- Expertise and experience in difficult diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopies
- Ongoing clinical trials for leading edge diagnostic and treatment options of commonly diagnosed pulmonary problems (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, lung cancer)
- Comprehensive management of chronic respiratory illness
- Interventional and ultrasound-guided bronchoscopy
- Chronic asthma research
- Clinical drug trials
- Multispecialty thoracic oncology service and clinic.
- Specialty clinics for interstitial lung disease (e.g., pulmonary fibrosis), pulmonary hypertension, sleep disorders and cystic fibrosis.
The pulmonary clinic cares for adults with lung disease.
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- chronic bronchitis
- lung cancer
- interstitial lung disease
- pulmonary fibrosis
- occupational injury to the lungs
- sleep apnea
- obesity related lung diseases
- pneumonia, fungal diseases of the lung
- chronic respiratory failure associated with musculoskeletal diseases