Pam Wilson, Clinical Director
Pam has over 30 years of experience in the field of RT, all at Wake Forest Baptist Health. During her employment at WFBH she has expanded departmental operations beyond inpatient recreation therapy programs to include revenue programs of Aquatic Therapy, Massage Therapy, CLUB Independence, and Early Memory Loss (IMPACT). The Department also has oversight responsibility for the Hospital School Program, the Assistive Technology Program and Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling.
Pam is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with B.A. and M.S. degrees in Recreation Administration (Therapeutic Recreation Emphasis). She is licensed by the state of North Carolina (LRT) and certified by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (CTRS). Her professional affiliations include NCRTA, ATRA and the American College of Health Career Executives. She has an appointment at UNC-G as an Adjunct Lecturer in the Department of Recreation, Tourism and Hospitality Department.
Pam’s professional involvement has included serving as:
- President and Treasurer of the American Therapeutic Recreation Association
- Chair of the North Carolina Board of Recreational Therapy Licensure and of the North Carolina Therapeutic Recreation Certification Board
- President of the North Carolina Recreation Therapy Association
- Treasurer of the Southeast Therapeutic Recreation Symposium
- Chair of the American Therapeutic Recreation Foundation
- Chair of the North Carolina Recreation and Park Society Therapeutic Recreation Division
She has been the recipient of several distinguished awards to include the ATRA Distinguished Fellow, Presidential Award, Member of the Year, and Advocacy; Ann James Award of Excellence from Southeast Symposium; NCRTA Distinguished Member, Presidential Legislative Advocacy; and NCRPS-TR Division Distinguished Individual Service. In addition she received the Distinguished Alumni Award from the Curriculum in Leisure Studies/Recreation Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Pam is well known as a dyed in the wool blue Carolina Tarheel fan. It is a sure bet that you will see her cheering on the Tarheels at numerous sporting events. In addition she also enjoys tennis, antique collecting, cooking and volunteering for political campaigns.