Pam Wilson, Clinical Director
Pam has over 30 years of experience in the field of RT, all at Wake Forest Baptist Health. During her employment at WFBH she has expanded departmental operations beyond inpatient and outpatient recreation therapy programs to include revenue programs of Aquatic Therapy, Massage Therapy, CLUB Independence, Parkinson's Power Moves, and Stroke Fit. The Department also has oversight responsibility for the Hospital School Program, the Assistive Technology Program and Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling.
Pam is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with B.A. and M.S. degrees in Recreation Administration (Therapeutic Recreation Emphasis). She is licensed by the state of North Carolina (LRT), certified by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (CTRS) and recognized as a Fellow Distenguished in Recreation Therapy from the National Academy of Recreation Therapy. Her professional affiliations include NCRTA and ATRA. She has an appointment at UNC-G as an Adjunct Lecturer in the Department of Community and Therapeutic Recreation.
Pam’s professional involvement has included serving as:
- President and Treasurer of the American Therapeutic Recreation Association
- Chair of the North Carolina Board of Recreational Therapy Licensure and of the North Carolina Therapeutic Recreation Certification Board
- President of the North Carolina Recreation Therapy Association
- Treasurer of the Southeast Therapeutic Recreation Symposium
- Treasurer of the Commission on Accreditation of Recreational Therapy Education
- Chair of the American Therapeutic Recreation Foundation
- Chair of the North Carolina Recreation and Park Society Therapeutic Recreation Division
She has been the recipient of several awards to include the ATRA Distinguished Fellow, Presidential Award, Member of the Year, and Advocacy; Ann James Award of Excellence from Southeast Symposium; NCRTA Distinguished Member, Presidential Legislative Advocacy; and NCRPS-TR Division Distinguished Individual Service. In addition she received the Distinguished Alumni Award from the Curriculum in Leisure Studies/Recreation Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. At the Medical Center she has been recognized as Leader of the Month.
Pam is well known as a dyed in the wool blue Carolina Tarheel fan. It is a sure bet that you will see her cheering on the Tarheels at numerous sporting events. In addition she also enjoys tennis, antique collecting, cooking and volunteering for political campaigns.