The Wake Forest Baptist Telestroke Network employs state-of-the-art technologies that are user friendly, readily available, reliable and secure, resulting in a network that is easy to deploy, operate and maintain.
Network Hospital Requirements
- Emergency room with an 802.11 wireless Internet access with 600 kbps, lower broadband can be configured with good performance.
- 24 hour laboratory testing capabilities
- Pharmacy that stocks tissue plasminogen activase
Equipment and Technology
- InTouch Health® RP-7® or RP-Lite robotic video conferencing system
- 24-hour CT scanner
- Teleradiology connection, can be provided if not currently available
- The Wake Forest Baptist Telestroke Network provides comprehensive education and training to network hospital personnel regarding the specific requirements and needs for a Telestroke patient examination.
Prior to Telestroke Deployment
- Our team and InTouch Health will conduct a technical assessment and, if necessary, make recommendations to ensure that the network hospital will support Telestroke.
- Our team will spend one half to one full day with practicing physicians, nurses and hospital staff to review and practice the acute stroke management protocol.
- Several mock patient consultations via the Telestroke system will be planned to practice quick and accurate activation of the Telestroke system.
- Our team will assist with any additional education and training of network hospital staff.
After Telestroke Deployment
- The Wake Forest Baptist Telestroke team will assist with ongoing education and training of network hospital staff.
- Our team will provide quarterly quality reports and key statistics to the network hospital to continually identify opportunities to improve the care of stroke patients, as well as improve the functionality of the Telestroke system.