Obstetric and Gynecologic Services Offered at Wake Forest Baptist
In addition to reproductive medicine, the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Wake Forest Baptist offers comprehensive services in all areas of women’s health.
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine: Offers consultation on high-risk pregnancies and assistance in high-risk deliveries. Work with pediatric subspecialists in cardiology, neurosurgery, general surgery, plastic surgery and urology to diagnose, monitor and treat prenatally-diagnosed fetal anomalies. The Comprehensive Fetal Care Center offers diagnostic 3-D and 4-D ultrasound testing, on-site genetic counselors, and first trimester screening for fetal chromosome conditions.
- Gynecologic Oncology: Major referral center for the treatment of gynecologic malignancies and part of Wake Forest Baptist’s NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center. Board-certified gynecologic oncologists provide state-of-the-art care for gynecologic malignancies, including advanced techniques in radiation therapy, minimally invasive robot-assisted surgery, and intraoperative hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy.
- General Gynecology: Provides services for women from adolescence to menopause. Offers pediatric and adolescent gynecology, minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, hormone therapy and menopause care, and care for gynecologic infectious diseases.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology: An all-female practice that offers many of the same preventive services and treatments as general gynecology, but includes obstetric counseling, care and delivery, and specialized alternatives to traditional hysterectomies, including endometrial ablation and laparoscopic hysterectomy.
- Pelvic Floor and Incontinence Center: Provides treatments for women, including surgical repair of pelvic prolapse, and evaluation and treatment for incontinence.
- Center for Research: Explores research in fetal and neonatal development, pregnancy and labor, maternal obesity, uterine contractility, and cervical electrical activity and its role in sperm transport.