Physician's Access Line
The Physician's Access Line (PAL®) is a physician-to-physician hotline provided by Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (WFBMC) to practicing physicians throughout North Carolina and WFBMC's extended service and referral area.
PAL connects you to the full-time faculty physician of your choice or another specialist in that discipline via one of our Expediters.
PAL was designed to enhance the "shared care" of referred patients by facilitating ongoing communication between WFBMC faculty physicians and practicing physicians.
Physicians can use PAL for a variety of services.
- To consult with a specific physician or a faculty physician in a specific specialty or subspecialty
- To arrange emergency air or ground patient transfers to the Medical Center
- To arrange the referral of a patient to a specialist in the Medical Center
- To obtain evaluation and progress reports for patients referred to the Medical Center
- To obtain updates on drug therapies and medical procedures or treatments
- To inquire about, or make a reservation for, continuing education programs
- To remain informed about the referred patient's condition and any discharge plans