Supporting Articles by Dr. McCormick and Other Scientists
McCormick JG, Houle TT, Saltzman HA, Whaley RC, Roy RC. Treatment of acute stroke with hyperbaric oxygen: Time window for efficacy, Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society, Inc. 2011; 38 (No. 5): 321-334 is used with permission of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society.
- Hallenbeck JM, Andersen JC. Pathogenesis of the decompression disorders. In: Bennett PB, Elliott EH, eds. 3rd edition The Physiology and Medicine of Diving. London: Bailliere Tindall, 1982:435-460.
- Heyman A, Saltzman HA, Whalen RE. The use of hyperbaric oxygen in the treatment of cerebral ischemia and infarction. Circulation 1966; 33 & 34 (Supplement II):II-20 to II-27.
- Hyperbaric Facility Safety: A Practical Guide, Wilbur T. Workman, Ed., Best Publishing Company, Flagstaff, Arizona, 1999, 754 pages.
- Jones T, Morawetz R, Crowell R et al. Thresholds of focal cerebral ischemia in awake monkeys. Journal of Neurosurgery 1981; 54:773-782.
- Marler JR, ATLANTIS, ECASS, and NINDS rt-PA Study Group Investigators. Association of outcome with early stroke treatment: Pooled analysis of ATLANTIC, ECASS and NINDS rt-PA stroke trials. The Lancet 2004; 363:768-774.
- McCormick, JG. Anatomical, Electrophysiological, and Histological Studies of Dolphin Auditory System: Establishment of a Theory of Hearing for Dolphins. Journal Acoustical Society of American, 124, No. 4, Pt. 2, 2464, October 2008. Presented at the 156th Meeting: Acoustical Society of America.
- McCormick JG, Houle TT, Saltzman HA, Whaley RC, Roy RC. Identification of the early time window post stroke for hyperbaric oxygen efficacy in the treatment of acute stroke: A retrospective statistical analysis. Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine 2007; 34 (No. 4):299-300. Presented at the 40th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society, June 13-17, 2007, Kapalua, Hawaii.
- McCormick, JG. Behavioral Observations of Sleep and Anesthesia in the Dolphin: Implications for Bispectral Index Monitoring of Unihemispheric Effects in Dolphins. Anesthesia & Analgesia, 104, No. 1, pp 239-241, January 2007.
- Zhang JH, Lo T, Mychaskiw G, Colohan A. Mechanisms of hyperbaric oxygen and neuroprotection in stroke. Pathophysiology 2005; 12:65-80.
- McCormick, JG. Hyperbaric Oxygen and tPA for treatment of Acute Stroke. Advanced Symposium on Hyperbaric Medicine, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, April 2004.
- Toole JF. Editor: Fifth Edition, Cerebrovascular disorders. Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams, & Wilkins, 1999, Preface: vii.
- McCormick JG. Space and Research on Aging, Program Chairman, Symposium of World Federation of Neurology, Congress on Cerebral Ischemia, Vascular Dementia, Epilepsy and CNS Injury, May 9-13, 1998.
- McCormick JG. STS-95 Space Shuttle Mission Research Goals and International Cooperation in Space, Program Chairman. Symposium of World Federation of Neurology, Congress on Cerebral Ischemia, Vascular Dementia, Epilepsy and CNS Injury, May 9-13, 1998.
- McCormick JG. The Princeton University Auditory Laboratories. An Ideal Research Environment. In: Hearing and Other Senses: Presentations in Honor of EG Wever. Ed. By RR Fay, G Gourevitch. Groton. Connecticut: Amphora Press, 1983.
- McCormick JG, Holland W, Brauer R, Holleman I. Sudden hearing loss due to diving and prevention with heparin. In: Shea J, eds. The Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America – Symposium on Fluctuant Hearing Loss. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders, 1975; 8 (no. 2):417-430.
- McCormick JG, Philbrick T, Holland WB. The pathophysiology of diving induced sensory neural deafness as elucidated by beneficial prophylactic use of heparin. In: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Blood-Bubble Interactions in Decompression Sickness. Canada Defense Research Board, 1973:272-291.
- McCormick JG, Philbrick T, Holland W, Harrill JA. Diving induced sensory neural deafness: Prophylactic use of heparin and preliminary histopathology results. The Laryngoscope 1973; 83:1483-1501.
- McCormick JG, Higgins TL, Daugherty HS, Johnson PE. Cochlear Dysfunction Associated with Decompression from 300 ft. Hyperbaric Chamber Dives. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 51, No. 1 (Part 1), January 1972, pp 103.
- McCormick JG, Higgins, TL, Clayton RM, Brauer RW. Auditory and Vestibular Effects of Helium-Oxygen Hyperbaric Chamber Dives to Convulsion Depths. . Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 51, No. 1 (Part 1), January 1972, pp 103.
- Ridgway, S.H. and McCormick, JG 1971. Anesthetization of porpoises. Chapter In: Veterinary Anesthesia. Ed. By L.R. Soma. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, pp. 394-403.
- McCormick JG, Wever EG, Palin J, Ridgway SH. Sound Conduction in The Dolphin Ear. Journal Acoustical Society of America, 48, No. 6 (Pt. 2), December 1970, pp 1418-1428.
- McCormick JG. Relationship of Sleep, Respiration, and Anesthesia in the Porpoise. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, 62, 1969, pp 697-703.
- Ridgway, SH and McCormick, JG 1967. Anesthetization of porpoises for major surgery. Science. 158:510-512.
- Saltzman HA, Anderson B Jr., Whalen RE, Heyman A,Sieker HO. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy of acute cerebral vascular insufficiency. In: Brown IW Jr., Cox BG Jr., eds. Hyperbaric Medicine. Washington, D.C.: Academy of Sciences National Research Council, 1966:440-446.
- McCormick, JG, Toole, JF, 1989. Mandates for the Expansion of University Aerospace Biomedical & Human Factor Research - Encompassing Potential for Interaction between The Cerebrovascular Research Center of the Bowman Gray School of Medicine of Wake Forest University & Components of the Aviation & Space Industries. A Position Report of the Wake Forest Medical School's Cerebrovascular Research Center.