Fuzhou Wang, PhD
Dr. Wang received his MD in 2003 from Southeast University (China) and completed his residency in Anesthesiology in 2009. In 2011, he received his PhD in Biology and Bioinformatics at Nanjing University (China) where he studied underlying molecular mechanisms of inflammatory and neuropathic pain through focusing on balancing self-regulation between sensitization and desensitization via fine-adjusting neuroinflammation, synaptic plasticity and methylation of pain genes.
Dr. Wang’s current research focuse is to identify key cellular mechanisms that contribute to the transition from acute to chronic pain following surgery and to find novel therapeutic strategies that can be translated into the clinic. Impaired descending inhibitory systems may predispose individuals to chronic pain after surgery (CPAS). A novel model of CPAS involving depletion of spinal noradrenergic fibers in rats has been using to investigate the role of noradrenergic tone in the transition from acute to chronic pain.
- Xu S, Wu H, Shen X, Guo X, Shen R, Wang F (Correspondence). Tumor suppressor menin mediates peripheral nerve injury induced neuropathic pain through potentiating synaptic plasticity. Neuroscience 2012; In press.
- Xu S, Wu H, Zhao Q, Shen X, Guo X, Wang F (Correspondence). The median effective volume of crystalloid in preventing hypotension in patients undergoing Cesarean delivery with spinal anesthesia. Rev Bras Anestesiol 2012; 62(3): 312-324.
- Zhao L, Wang F (Co-First), Gui B, Hua F, Qian Y. Prophylactic lithium alleviates postoperative cognition impairment by phosphorylating hippocampal glycogen synthase kinase-3β (Ser9) in aged rats. Exp Gerontol 2011; 46(12): 1031-1036.
- Wang F, Wu H, Xu S, Guo X, Yang J, Shen X. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor activates cyclooxygenase 2-prostaglandin E(2) in cultured spinal microglia. Neurosci Res 2011; 71(3): 210-218.
- Wang F, Xu S, Shen X, Guo X, Peng Y, Yang J. Spinal macrophage migration inhibitory factor is a major contributor to rodent neuropathic pain-like hypersensitivity. Anesthesiology 2011; 114(3): 643-659.
- Shen X, Wang F (Correspondence), Xu S, Qian Y, Liu Y, Yuan H, Zhao Q, Feng S, Guo X, Xu J, Yang J. Is cardiolipin the target of local anesthetic cardiotoxicity? Rev Bras Anestesiol 2010; 60(4): 445-454.
- Wang F, Shen X, Guo X, Peng Y, Liu Y, Xu S, Yang J. Spinal macrophage migration inhibitory factor contributes to the pathogenesis of inflammatory hyperalgesia in rats. Pain 2010; 148(2): 275-283.