Overview of the Clinical Center on Cloverdale Avenue
Our clinical center for study participant recruitment is known as the Cloverdale Research Center. Most of the research at the Cloverdale Center is focused on clinical trials in airways diseases (asthma and COPD, including ACRN), phenotype studies for genetics of asthma (CSAG), and severe asthma (SARP) NIH studies. In addition, clinical patients with astma and allergy are seen in this facility.
We are fully equipped to assess clinical subjects. This facility contains:
- short term and long term subject waiting rooms
- 5 diagnostic examination rooms
- a number of small laboratories for spirometry
- complete pulmonary function testing (lung volume, diffusion capacity, expired NO)
- inhalation challenge (methacholine and allergen)
- complete cardiopulmonary exercise testing and exercise challenge
- investigational bronchoscopy
- wet laboratory for biologic specimens
Advantages of utilizing the Cloverdale Research Center
- within walking distance of the medical center
- free parking located in front of the building
- no elevators or complicated directions
For these reasons, thousands of individuals have participated in studies at the Cloverdale center.
For driving directions and for information about research studies at the Cloverdale Center, local callers may dial 336-713-8550, and long distance callers may dial 866-287-2344.