Volunteers Needed for Study on Pain
Wake Forest Baptist Health is conducting a research study with healthy, pain-free volunteers to evaluate the effects of meditation on the feeling of pain. Participants will undergo sensory testing and non-invasive physiological measurements, such as blood pressure and electrocardiography (ECG). We estimate that the entire study will take a total of five hours to complete across fourteen days. Participants will be compensated for their time.
If you are interested in participating or would like additional information, please contact Emily Ansusinha at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also email Dr. Fadel Zeidan with questions.
Stress Reduction for Migraines
Rebecca Erwin Wells, MD, MPH
Volunteers are needed for a new research study of non-drug treatment for adults with migraines:
- 8 weekly classes involving education on headaches, stress, triggers and/or relaxation/gentle stretching
- Participants will discuss and learn drugfree ways to better handle headaches
- Parking covered, all visits at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Participants may continue all current migraine drug treatments for the duration of the trial, but need to stay on stable doses of all medications
- Compensation is available for study participation
For more information, or to check our eligibility for the program, call (336) 705-2396 or email Help4Migraines@WakeHealth.edu.