Scientific Focus: Cancer Prevention and Control Program
Our Cancer Prevention and Control Program has two primary goals:
- Decrease the incidence and slow the progression of cancer
- Improve quality of life, reduce morbidity and increase survival in those who develop cancer
Within each of these aims are key areas of scientific focus that involve a high degree of inter- and intra-programmatic collaboration. To achieve these aims, our Program has four main themes:
- Elucidating the genetic risk in cancer
- Investigating tobacco and other environmental risk factors for cancer
- Enhancing cancer survivorship by improving cancer-related quality of life, symptom management, and access to care among cancer survivors.
Cross-cutting these four themes is the reduction of health disparities across different socioeconomic, geographic and racial groups.
Learn more about our research themes by visiting our Research Projects section.