Clinical Research Management (CRM)
Clinical Research Management (CRM), a shared resource of the Comprehensive Cancer Center (CCC), assists researchers with managing clinical trials. We run approximately 200 clinical trials for a wide range of cancers. CRM supports several multidisciplined areas, including hematology and oncology (medical oncology) radiation oncology, surgical oncology, pediatric oncology and gynecologic oncology.
We are actively involved in trials covering all phases of research, from small Pilot studies to large Phase III trials. Our trial portfolio includes investigator-initiated, industry-initiated, cooperative group trials and externally reviewed trials by the federal government.. Many of these trials are multidisciplinary in nature. To learn about what a clinical trial is, click here http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/info/understand..
You can find a list of our clinical trials by selecting the "Search for Studies" tab on the Be Involved webpage.
Services We Provide
CRM offers a complete range of clinical research services that support our Cancer Center members. These services include:
- Clinical nursing staff and a dedicated research-focused physician assistant
- Data management resources
- Regulatory assistance
- Centralized drug monitoring
- Centralized patient registrar
- Protocol editor/grant writer
- Quality assurance monitoring
Overview of Our Capabilities
- Design and implement Pilot, Phase I, II, and III clinical trial protocols
- Assist with recruitment to clinical trials
- Provide technical and writing assistance for developing protocols
- Design and maintain study database information and Web-based research tools
- Provide multi-level monitoring for research data, quality assurance, clinical trial accrual, and adverse events
- Provide regulatory support to maintain compliance with all internal and external regulatory requirement
- Procure and store clinical specimens (body tissue) for participants in clinical trials
- Provide remuneration to participants in clinical trials (as appropriate)
- Manage participant follow-up visits
- Provide study visit scheduling, data entry and tracking of participants via the Oncology Research Information System (ORIS) database