Thank you for your interest in membership to the Comprehensive Cancer Center of Wake Forest University. Becoming a member facilitates collaboration with other cancer-focused researchers throughout the Medical Center and provides access and subsidies to shared resource facilities.
Listed below are three pieces we need for your membership application to be considered by the Cancer Center Internal Advisory Board:
- Your complete CV as a Microsoft Word document.
- A one page description of your cancer-focused research interest(s), also in MS Word, including any cancer-focused publications related to your current interests (Sample description of research interests).
- Your NIH Biosketch (current format using My NCBI) in MS Word.
We will use the above information in several ways:
- For Internal Advisory Board review of your membership application
- To aid in fostering collaboration among researchers with similar interests
- For production of our Cancer Center Scientific Report
- To update of our membership biosketch notebook
New Members must meet at least one of the following criteria to be considered for membership:
- Authorship on cancer-focused publications
- Principal Investigator on a cancer clinical trial
- Funded Principal Investigator or Co-Principal Investigator on a cancer treatment or cancer control clinical trial
- Funded Principal Investigator or Co-Principal Investigator on a cancer-focused grant
- Junior faculty beginning your career in cancer research
- Established investigator new to the field of cancer research
* All new members are expected to have peer-reviewed funding within 3 years of becoming a member if you do not already have funding.
Please send this information as an email attachment to Rebecca H. Rankin, Director of Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also give her a call with any questions at 336-716-5689.