Microarray Shared Resources
Core Policies: Microarray Shared Resource
- Samples will not be processed without a valid Sample Submission Form. Samples can be brought to the facility at any time and placed in the sample rack in the freezer if accompanied by a completed Sample Submission Form. Please notify me by e-mail at email@example.com if you leave samples and I will contact you to discuss when the samples will be processed.
- If the sample quality or quantity is determined to be inadequate, the researcher will be notified and asked to decide what measures will be taken and whether to continue with the sample processing. The Microarray Shared Resource is not responsible for poor yields in probe synthesis if asked to proceed with questionable samples.
- If you choose to do a small sample preparation, all samples that are being compared must also follow the same preparations and are subject to the same fees.
- All samples, probes, etc. will be stored in the facility freezer at -20 ºC for 30 days after being notified the samples processing is complete. Please remember that samples and probes can be reused in some cases, so it is highly suggested you collect all of your specimens.
- Any chips purchased by the investigators will be stored at the facility for only the duration of the experiment. Remember to pick up any unused chips. The Shared Resource will not be responsible for any lost or stolen chips after the experiments are complete.
- The facility is not responsible for any lost data after it has been handed over to the investigator. Due to the large size of the data files, the facility cannot maintain copies of the data. Data cannot be recovered once it has been turned over to the investigator.
- Researchers must assure that all samples were obtained through appropriate animal research committee and/or human subject protection committee approval.
Using the Agilent BioAnalyzer System, the Shared Resource will test the quality and quantity of your RNA samples for a small service fee. You will receive a data file containing a simulated gel, an electropherogram, and the RNA integrity number (RIN) of each sample.
Analytical support is a component of the Full Service and is provided by the Microarray Shared Resource to ensure integrity and quality in data analysis and reporting. For researchers interested in analyzing microarray data not generated by our Shared Resource, analytical support is available for a service fee.
Analytical support includes the following:
- Data quality control and normalization
- Data formatting and statistical analysis of differential expression
- Advanced and custom microarray informatics