Alzheimer’s Disease Neuroimaging Initiative Grand Opportunity (ADNI Go)
Short Study Name (acronym):ADNI Go
Long Name:Alzheimer’s Disease Neuroimaging Initiative Grand Opportunity (ADNI Go)
Investigators (list PI first):
Kaycee Sink, MD
Jeff Williamson, MD
Franklin Watkins, MD
Pradeep Garg, PhD
Funding Agency:National Institute of Aging, National Institute of Health
Funding Dates: 5/2010 – 9/2011
Research questions or aims:
- Define and characterize the stage of the AD spectrum that precedes MCI as currently enrolled in ADNI1 (late MCI or LMCI) by enrolling 200 subjects in the mildest symptomatic phase of AD, early amnestic MCI (EMCI, defined more specifically below).
- Perform F18 amyloid imaging (18F-AV-45) on the CN and LMCI subjects from ADNI1 (including those who had C-11 PIB) and the newly enrolled EMCI subjects. FDG PET will also be performed in association with F18 amyloid imaging. This establishes a national network for F18 amyloid imaging, and will test hypotheses concerning the prevalence and severity of brain amyloid accumulation and its relationship to current and previous changes of clinical state, MRI, FDG-PET, CSF and plasma biomarkers from ADNI1.
- Collect 3T MRI on all newly enrolled subjects. MRIs will be collected at Baseline, Month 3, Month 6, and Month 12.
- Continue longitudinal clinical/cognitive and 1.5T MRI studies of approximately 500 LMCI and Cognitively Normal subjects from ADNI1 for an additional 2 years.
- Collect and analyze blood biomarkers from all newly enrolled EMCI and follow-up subjects. Collect and analyze CSF for biomarkers in all newly enrolled EMCI. Follow up subjects will be asked to agree to CSF collection even if they have not had CSF collected for the original ADNI.
- Collect blood samples for DNA and RNA extraction. Newly enrolled subjects will also have samples collected for Cell Immortalization and APOE genotyping.
Male and female age 55 - 90 years who meet the study criteria for early mild cognitive impairment and have a reliable study partner.
Target # to enroll:
(Target) Dates of enrollment:
Types of assessments and questionnaires:
Medical History, Demographics, height, weight, Vital Signs, Concomitant Medications, Neuropsychiatric Inventory Questionnaire,Functional Activities Questionnaire, MMSE, CDR–SB (Clinical Dementia Rating Sum of Boxes), ADAS-COG(Alzheimer's Disease Assessment Scale-cognitive subscale), ADCS-ADL, Geriatric Depression Scale, MoCA(Montreal Cognitive Assessment)
Other data collected:
Blood, urine, 1.5T MRI, 3T MRI, lumbar puncture and PET (FDG & F-AV-45)
Study Website (if applicable):www.adni-info.org
Coordinator Contact Info: