Program for Active Aging and Community Engagement (PACE)
Long Study Name: Program for Active Aging and Community Engagement
Study Type: Physical activity and health education
Participants will be randomly placed (like flipping a coin) into one of two interventions that are designed to improve health among older adults.
The primary aim of the study is to compare the effects of two interventions on 12-month levels of physical activity. Secondary aims include testing the effects of the two interventions on physical function and health-related quality of life.
- Age: 55 - 80 years old
- Not already exercising regularly
- Healthy enough to exercise
- Able to attend weekly morning sessions
Study Duration: 12 months
- Regular, supervised physical activity sessions, or regular education on health-related topics relevant to older adults
- 1-year membership to the William G. White, Jr. Family YMCA at no cost
- Regular assessments of blood pressure and weight
If you are interested in the PACE study, please call 336-716-3589 or email Carol Massa-Fanale at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Susan Harris at 713-4244.