Education is an important part of the Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine’s mission. In addition to offering internships to Forsyth Technical Community College students who are pursuing careers in biotechnology, the institute provides opportunities for hands-on experience in translational research at many levels.
For students interested in or currently pursuing a career in research, the Institute's unique learning and training environment uses core technologies that are germane to biomedical research, in addition to many that are specific to regenerative medicine. Trainees develop the ability to conduct independent, hypothesis-driven research through applying technologies to individual projects. Special attention is paid to the promotion of high ethical standards in all research and personal interactions. Program content is regularly evaluated to meet each individual’s training needs.
Students can conduct research in the WFIRM labs through these mechanisms:
- As a direct-hire postdoctoral fellow (view list of postdoctoral openings)
- As a research or clinical fellow supported by the home department or institution
- As a Summer Scholar. This scholarship program provides research opportunities for undergraduate students with an interest in regenerative medicine. The main objectives are to expose students to a multidisciplinary research environment that is driven by clinical needs, to provide training in a strong team environment, and to facilitate the education of the next generation of scientists and clinicians in the field of regenerative medicine.
- As a work-study student (Wake Forest University undergraduates only)
- As a graduate student of Wake Forest School of Medicine. Currently, students enrolled in the Molecular Medicine, Molecular Genetics, and Biomedical Engineering graduate programs are eligible to conduct their thesis research at the Institute
For more information about educational opportunities at the Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine contact George Christ, PhD, at firstname.lastname@example.org.