High School Summer Research Exposure Program
June 5 - July 7, 2017
Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine,
Save The Date: 2018 High School Summer Research Exposure Program
2018 On-line Applications Open: January 15th, 2018
Application Deadline: March 30th, 2018
Program Dates: June 4th to July 13th, 2018
In keeping with the Institute's goal to promote STEM education, inspire and encourage young people to consider advanced education and careers in biomedical research, WFIRM has initiated a new opportunity for high school students to explore the world of regenerative medicine and engage in hands-on research by working with WFIRM researchers and their teams.
Meet our 2017 High School Summer Research Participants
>> Click to view the 2017 High School Participant's Mentor List
What is the Objective of the SREP program?
The Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine Summer Research Exposure Program (SREP) provides multi-disciplinary education and research exposure opportunities for high school students (ages 16 to 18) and a unique opportunity to enhance their understanding of regenerative medicine research, research tools and techniques. The SREP provides students with educational and hands-on research experiences designed to increase their familiarity with the scientific process and to stimulate interest in advanced education and careers in STEM fields and multidisciplinary regenerative medicine research in a friendly and nurturing environment.
Benefits of Program – Academic, Social and Personal
- Participate in regenerative medicine research with WFIRM faculty, students and staff in a strong team-based environment
- Gain unique hands-on research experience and skill development
- Attend the annual Regenerative Medicine Essentials Course as well as special seminars and weekly research meetings
- Meet and network with peers and near-peers who have similar interests and goals
- Heighten and inspire interest and academic confidence in STEM disciplines
- Become more competitive when applying to undergraduate schools in the STEM disciplines
rogram at WFIRM.