Administration and Staff Positions
Research Laboratory Technician III
Biomarker discovery lab seeking a highly motivated individual who has a demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as in a group setting, for a laboratory technician position in the Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine. The successful applicant will have demonstrated experience in the area of standard molecular biology techniques (DNA/RNA isolation and QC, PCR, gel electrophoresis, etc.), and must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. Computer literacy is a must and familiarity with database management, statistics, as well as bioinformatics, is a plus.
- Confer with principal investigator and assist in the development of plans for research experiments and data collection procedures; modify existing laboratory procedures and protocols to meet the needs of research projects as required.
- Prepare detailed reports on the results of experiments; discuss the interpretation of results with principal investigator.
- Review scientific journals, abstracts and other related literature for information concerning experimental procedures and supplemental support information; organize information for use in applicable research projects.
- Supervise, train, and review the work of students and lower level technicians engaged in clinical/research laboratory work.
- Requisition and maintain inventory of supplies, materials, and equipment as needed for laboratory operations.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Supervision Given and Received
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to lower classified personnel.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
University graduation with a major in the biological and/or physical sciences and related research experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Master’s degree in biology or related physical science
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center and its affiliates administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination or based on any protected characteristics such as race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or Veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, Executive Order 11246, Executive Order 13496, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4214 (VEVRAA) and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (29 U.S.C. 7903), regulations, and guidelines.
To Be Considered: Send cover letter detailing interest, a current CV and two letters of recommendation to email@example.com.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or on a valid working visa.
To apply, visit our Careers page.
Facilitates the transfer of technologies emerging from basic research in the field of regenerative medicine. Researches, prepares, writes and edits scientific publications for science journals, grant proposals, grant reports and regulatory documents. Only PhDs with a science background and a scientific publication track record will be considered.
1. Partner with Principal Investigators and Authors in writing, editing and preparation of publication manuscripts, grant applications, regulatory documents, etc.
2. Recommend changes/edits to ensure the most persuasive product consistent with the Author’s intended plan.
3. Accurately interpret publication submission requirements.
4. Ensure timely and accurate publication submission.
5. Prepare detailed reports and provide updates to administration on manuscript submissions as requested.
6. Prioritize assigned tasks in a fast paced environment.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong scientific background and knowledge with history of successful research publication and grant writing experience.
- Must demonstrate a clear, high quality, scientific writing style in the English language.
- Must possess the ability to manage large writing projects with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate an ability to train and mentor young researchers with scientific writing.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
Other Positions: Clinical Manufacturing Center
Various Technicians within the RMCC will perform experiments relating to specific projects using various techniques. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and relevant research experience are required.
To apply for any of the above positions, send cover letter detailing interest, a current CV and three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. A background check is required for employment.