How to Apply
Summer 2016 Dates and Deadlines
The WFIRM Summer Scholars 10-week program begins Tuesday, May 31, 2016 and concludes on Friday, August 5, 2016. The application period for the 2016 WFIRM Summer Scholars program is now closed. The 2017 program application deadline is January 15, 2017.
Summer Student Requirements
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale)
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S. or be eligible to work at Wake Forest for the 10-week summer program.
- Be enrolled in a degree-granting program at a college or university in the United States, Puerto Rico or other U.S. territory.
- Have completed at least two semesters of undergraduate education by the start of the 2016 summer program.
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a PhD and/or MD (or currently pursuing an MD)
- Be at least 18 years of age by first day of program
The application period for the 2016 WFIRM Summer Scholars program is now closed. The 2017 program application deadline is January 15, 2017. The application materials required:
- Completed Online Application Form
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- "Official" Academic Transcripts to be emailed or mailed as described below:
Postal Mail: Joan F. Schanck, MPA Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine Wake Forest University Health Sciences Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157-7290.
Questions should be sent to Joan F. Schanck, MPA at email@example.com or by phone at 336-713-1201.