How to Apply
Summer 2016 Dates and Deadlines
The WFIRM Summer Scholars 10-week program begins Tuesday, May 30, 2016 and concludes on Friday, August 5, 2016. Applications for the 2016 WFIRM Summer Scholars program will be available on our website December 2, 2015. The deadline for submitting materials for the 2016 program will be February 5, 2016.
Summer Student Requirements
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale)
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S. or be eligible to work at Wake Forest for the 10-week summer program.
- Be enrolled in a degree-granting program at a college or university in the United States, Puerto Rico or other U.S. territory.
- Have completed at least two semesters of undergraduate education by the start of the 2016 summer program.
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a PhD and/or MD (or currently pursuing an MD)
- Be at least 18 years of age by first day of program
Applications for the 2016 WFIRM Summer Scholars program will be available on our website December 2, 2015. The deadline for the 2016 program will be February 5, 2016. The application materials will require the following:
- Completed On-Line Application Form
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- "Official" Academic Transcripts to be emailed or mailed as described below:
Postal Mail: Joan F. Schanck, MPA Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine Wake Forest University Health Sciences Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157-7290.
Questions should be sent to Joan F. Schanck, MPA at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 336-713-1201.