How to Apply
Applications for the 2017 Summer Scholars Program are now being accepted. The deadline for applications has been extended to January 23rd, 2017.
>> View the 2017 Summer Scholars flyer
Summer 2017 Dates and Deadlines
The WFIRM Summer Scholars 10-week program begins Tuesday, May 30, 2017 and concludes on Friday, August 4, 2017. The
2017 program application deadline is January 23rd (mailed applications must be postmarked by January 23rd).
Summer Student Requirements
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale)
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S. or be eligible to work at Wake Forest for the 10-week summer program.
- Be enrolled in a degree-granting program at a college or university in the United States, Puerto Rico or other U.S. territory.
- Have completed at least two semesters of undergraduate education by the start of the 2017 summer program.
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a PhD and/or MD (or currently pursuing an MD)
- Be at least 18 years of age by first day of program
The 2017 Summer
Scholars Program application materials required include:
- Completed Online Application Form
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- "Official" Academic Transcripts to be
emailed or mailed as described below:
Postal Mail (must be postmarked by January 23, 2017): Joan F. Schanck, MPA, Director Summer Scholars Program, Wake
Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine Wake Forest University Health
Sciences Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157-7290.
Questions should be sent to Joan F. Schanck, MPA at email@example.com or by phone at 336-713-1201.