How to Apply
Applications for the 2017 Summer Scholars Program will open on or before December 1st with a January 16th deadline for submission.
>> Click here to view the 2017 Summer Scholars flyer
Summer 2017 Dates and Deadlines
The WFIRM Summer Scholars 10-week program begins Tuesday, May 30, 2017 and concludes on Friday, August 4, 2017. The
2017 program application deadline is January 16th. The on-line application system will open on
or before December 1, 2016.
Summer Student Requirements
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale)
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S. or be eligible to work at Wake Forest for the 10-week summer program.
- Be enrolled in a degree-granting program at a college or university in the United States, Puerto Rico or other U.S. territory.
- Have completed at least two semesters of undergraduate education by the start of the 2017 summer program.
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a PhD and/or MD (or currently pursuing an MD)
- Be at least 18 years of age by first day of program
The 2017 Summer
Scholars Program application materials required include:
- Completed Online Application Form (On-line application will open on or
before December 1, 2016)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- "Official" Academic Transcripts to be
emailed or mailed as described below:
Postal Mail: Joan F. Schanck, MPA, Director Summer Scholars Program, Wake
Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine Wake Forest University Health
Sciences Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157-7290.
Questions should be sent to Joan F. Schanck, MPA at email@example.com or by phone at 336-713-1201.