How to Apply
Summer 2015 Dates and Deadlines
The 2015 WFIRM Summer Scholars 10-week program will begin in June and conclude in August. Details regarding the 2015 application process and application materials will be posted December 2014.
Summer Student Requirements
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale)
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S. or be eligible to work at Wake Forest for the 10-week summer program.
- Be enrolled in a degree-granting program at a college or university in the United States, Puerto Rico or other U.S. territory.
- Have completed at least two semesters of undergraduate education by the start of the 2015 summer program.
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a PhD and/or MD (or currently pursuing an MD)
- Be at least 18 years of age by first day of program
To apply to the WFIRM Summer Scholars Program, please download the application and follow the instructions (requires free Adobe Reader software). Do not complete the form within your browser, as some browsers may not correctly preserve your data. Additionally, MAC OS users should not use the built-in Preview application, as it is not fully compatible with the Adobe form.
The application and two letters of recommendation (preferably from those who can comment on your academic and/or research experience) should be sent to email@example.com. For letters of recommendation, please have the sender include your name in the subject line.
In addition to a completed application, a copy of your academic transcripts is required. Transcripts should be sent to: Joan F. Schanck, MPA, Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine, WFBMC, Medical Center Blvd., Winston-Salem, NC 27157.