How to Apply
Summer 2015 Dates and Deadlines
The 2015 WFIRM Summer Scholars 10-week program will begin June 1st and conclude August 7th. Applications for the 2015 WFIRM Summer Scholars program are no longer being accepted, as the application deadline has passed. The deadline for the 2016 program will be February 5, 2016.
Summer Student Requirements
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale)
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S. or be eligible to work at Wake Forest for the 10-week summer program.
- Be enrolled in a degree-granting program at a college or university in the United States, Puerto Rico or other U.S. territory.
- Have completed at least two semesters of undergraduate education by the start of the 2015 summer program.
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a PhD and/or MD (or currently pursuing an MD)
- Be at least 18 years of age by first day of program
Applications for the 2015 WFIRM Summer Scholars program are no longer being accepted, as the application deadline has passed. The deadline for the 2016 program will be February 5, 2016. The application materials will require the following:
- Application Form - Before completing this form, ensure that the "Highlight Existing Fields" button is enabled in the purple header bar (requires free Adobe Reader software). After completing the Application Form, save and rename with your last name followed by "SS2015Form" (e.g., Williams_SS2015Form.pdf). Email the completed application as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the applicant's name in the email subject line.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- "Official" Academic Transcripts to be emailed or mailed as described below:
Postal Mail: Joan F. Schanck, MPA Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine Wake Forest University Health Sciences Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157-7290.
Questions should be sent to Joan F. Schanck, MPA at email@example.com