The Faculty Representative Council represents the faculty and advises and makes recommendations to the Faculty Executive Council and Dean by means of resolutions.
The concept and basic structure of the Faculty Representative Council will be approved by the Faculty Executive Council and the Dean of Wake Forest University School of Medicine.
The functions of the Faculty Representative Council are:
- To consider matters pertaining to the general welfare of the School of Medicine community.
- To advise the School of Medicine administration on matters relating to School of Medicine policies.
- To work collaboratively with the Administration to address the needs and concerns of the faculty.
- To participate in long-range planning for the School of Medicine.
- The Council will select a representative from its membership to serve on search committees for senior academic and School of Medicine administrative officers at the level of department chair and above.
- To represent the faculty on various administrative committees of the School of Medicine.
- To do other things (not covered above) in consultation with the Dean and/or the Faculty Executive Council from time to time, at the discretion of the Faculty Representative Council.
The Faculty Representative Council meets on the third Thursday of each month from 4 to 5 pm in the Medical School Board Room.
Faculty Representative Council Members
Dr. Evelyn Anthony, Chair, Radiology, 2016
Dr. Sean Reid, Vice Chair, Microbiology & Immunology, 2017
Dr. Karen Haas – Alternate
Dr. Kathy Poehling, Past Chair, Pediatrics, 2015
Dr. Michael Cartwright, Neurology, 2015
Dr. Larry Hopkins, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2015
Dr. Stephanie Pierce – Alternate
Dr. Heidi Klepin, Hematology Oncology, 2015
Dr. Lance Miller, Cancer Biology, 2015
Dr. Mike Miller, Public Health Sciences, 2015
Dr. Amy Singleton, Psychiatry, 2015
Dr. Jeff Weiner, Physiology and Pharmacology, 2015
Dr. Eugene Adcock, Emeritus, 2016
Dr. Randy Geary, Vascular & Endovascular Surgery, 2016
Dr. Jim Thompson, Alternate
Dr. Steve Tatter, Alternate
Dr. Zachary Hartsell, PA Program, 2016
Dr. Erich Grant, Alternate
Dr. Chris Miles, Family & Community Medicine, 2016
Dr. Gail Marion, Alternate
Dr. Judith Messura, Dentistry, 2016
Dr. Manoj Pariyadath, Emergency Medicine, 2016
Dr. Daniel Pearce, Dermatology, 2016
Dr. Sarah Taylor, Alternate
Dr. Fred Porrino, Biochemistry, 2016
Dr. Chris Porada, Secretary, WF Institute for Regenerative Medicine, 2016
Dr. Steve Walker, Alternate
Dr. Jim Urbanic, WF Institute for Regenerative Medicine, 2016
Dr. Deb Whelan, Anesthesiology, 2016
Dr. Vernon Ross, Alternate
Dr. Patrick Lantz, Pathology, 2017
Dr. Sue Appt, Alternate
Dr. Maggie Ng, Pediatrics, 2017
Dr. Greg Hawkins, Alternate
Dr. Terrence Stanford, Neurobiology & Anatomy, 2017
Dr. Christos Constantidis, Alternate
Dr. Ann Tallant, Hypertension & Vascular Research Center (Ex
officio (Research) 2015)
Dr. Glenn Lesser, Internal Medicine, Hematology & Oncology (Ex officio
Ex officio without vote
Dr. Leslie Kammire ,
Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2015
Dr. Emmanuel Opara, WF Institute for Regenerative Medicine, 2015
Dr. John Stewart, Surgery Oncology, 2015
Dr. Sarah Bodin, Anesthesiology, 2016
Dr. Amy Hildreth, Surgery, 2016
Dr. Martha Alexander-Miller, Microbiology & Immunology, 2017
Dr. Sharon Castellino, Pediatrics, 2018
Dr. John Parks, Biochemistry, 2018