The Faculty Representative Council represents the faculty and advises and makes recommendations to the Faculty Executive Council and Dean by means of resolutions.
The concept and basic structure of the Faculty Representative Council will be approved by the Faculty Executive Council and the Dean of Wake Forest University School of Medicine.
The functions of the Faculty Representative Council are:
- To consider matters pertaining to the general welfare of the School of Medicine community.
- To advise the School of Medicine administration on matters relating to School of Medicine policies.
- To work collaboratively with the Administration to address the needs and concerns of the faculty.
- To participate in long-range planning for the School of Medicine.
- The Council will select a representative from its membership to serve on search committees for senior academic and School of Medicine administrative officers at the level of department chair and above.
- To represent the faculty on various administrative committees of the School of Medicine.
- To do other things (not covered above) in consultation with the Dean and/or the Faculty Executive Council from time to time, at the discretion of the Faculty Representative Council.
The Faculty Representative Council meets on the third Thursday of each month from 4 to 5 pm in the Medical School Board Room.
Faculty Representative Council Members
Dr. Ashok Hegde, Chair, Neurobiology and Anatomy, 2014
Dr. Mike Robbins, Secretary, Radiation Oncology, 2013
Dr. Eugene Adcock, Emeritus, 2013
Dr. Evelyn Anthony, Radiology, 2013
Dr. Chip Celestino, Family and Community Medicine, 2013
Dr. Jason Grayson, Microbiology and Immunology, 2013
Dr. Thomas Hollis, Biochemistry, 2013
Dr. Jason Lang, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2013
Dr. Daniel Pearce, Dermatology, 2013
Dr. Shay Soker, Regenerative Medicine, 2013
Dr. Mitchell Sokolosky, Emergency Medicine, 2013
Dr. Scott Tucker, Dentistry, 2013
Dr. Deb Whelan, Anesthesiology, 2013
Dr. Michael Beaty, Pathology, 2014
Ms. Gail Curtis, Family and Community Medicine, 2014
Dr. Greg Hawkins, Genomics and Personalized Medicine, 2014
Dr. Larry Hopkins, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2014
Dr. Kathy Poehling, Pediatrics, 2014
Dr. Michael Cartwright, Neurology, 2015
Dr. Heidi Klepin, Hematology Oncology, 2015
Dr. Lance Miller, Cancer Biology, 2015
Dr. Mike Miller, Public Health Sciences, 2015
Dr. Amy Singleton, Psychiatry, 2015
Dr. Jeff Weiner, Physiology and Pharmacology, 2015
Ex officio without vote
Dr. Sara Jones, Physiology and Pharmacology, 2013
Dr. John Parks, Pathology, 2013
Dr. Lynne Wagenknecht, Public Health Sciences, 2013
Dr. Daniel Bourland, Radiation Oncology , 2014
Dr. Sonia Crandall, Family and Community Medicine, 2014
Dr. Mary Claire O'Brien, Emergency Medicine, 2014
Dr. Duncan Hite, Pulmonology and Critical Care, 2015
Dr. Leslie Kammire , Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2015
Dr. John Stewart, Surgery Oncology, 2015
Dr. Sarah Bodin, Anesthesiology, 2016
Dr. Michael Hughes, WFU Reynolda Campus, Faculty Senate