Applying for Pain Medicine Fellowship
The Department of Anesthesiology offers a one-year fellowship in Pain Medicine. The program is fully accredited by Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and was awarded a full five year accreditation cycle in 2012.
We participate in the
Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and the National Resident
Matching Program (NRMP) Pain Medicine Match.
Applications for the 2016-2017 Academic Year will be accepted starting December 1, 2014 and will close May 1, 2015. Interviews will be held during the summer months. A total of six (6) fellowship positions will be available. Additional information regarding the Match may be obtained by visiting the NRMP website.
Pain Fellowship Eligibility
Prospective candidates must have completed (by June 30th) an ACGME Accredited Residency in one of the following four medical disciplines: Anesthesiology, Neurology, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R), or Psychiatry.
Please visit our House Staff website for additional House Officer eligibility requirements. Appointees must qualify for their respective board and must obtain a full North Carolina Medical License prior to beginning fellowship on July 1, 2016.
Important: In order for your application to be considered COMPLETE and ELIGIBLE for consideration, ALL application materials must be received no later than the May 1st deadline. Applications are accepted through ERAS only.
A completed standard ERAS application satisfied our requirements. Required documents include:
- My ERAS Application
- Applicant Photograph
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae – most current version
- USMLE or Comlex Transcript
- Medical School Dean's Letter/MSPE
- Letters of Recommendation (4) - Maximum of four letters of recommendation. A letter from your Residency Program Director is required. Chair letters will not be accepted in lieu of a program director recommendation. Letters should be on letterhead with the recommender’s written signature.
- ECFMG Certificate – if applicable