CA-2 class at Annual Senior Seminar at Graylyn
WFSM Department of Anesthesiology boasts 55 residents and 15 fellows. While many of our residents entered medical school directly from undergrad, others took a more round-about approach to their medical careers. We have a former engineer, a military flight surgeon, two artists, a minister, and an entrepreneur who gave up her successful advertising business to follow her dream of medical school. Two entered medical school after successful careers in research. Three came to Anesthesiology after being boarded in other specialties. One resident was a CRNA, and then an ENT surgeon, before circling back to his first love of Anesthesiology.
Many of our residents have been (and remain) active in medical mission work. Last year, three residents represented us at the ASA House of Delegates. Of our graduates last year, four went into private practice, and the rest were accepted into fellowships to further their expertise in their chosen subspecialties.
Hear from our awesome residents:
- Resident Perspectives - Residents discuss their experiences on various rotations.
- Ben Kornblatt - Internship Rotation in MICU
- James Turner - Internship Rotation in Otolaryngology
- Matt Torre, DO - An Advanced Path: Starting Anesthesiology Residency as a CA-1 in a new Institution
- Resident Reflections - Residents answer questions as they look back at choices they've made about residency, Wake, and more.
- Meet our Chiefs, Dr. Courtney Auman and Dr. McNeil Cronin, Chief Residents for 2012-2013.
- Our Current Residents - a composite of our current residents
- Residents In Action - see some of the activities our residents are involved in.
- We're On Facebook - follow along as Dr. Taylor journals departmental activites on Facebook.