Cardiovascular Research Training Program

Application Information

To apply for the 3-year Cardiovascular Fellowship Program, please go to the AAMC website ERAS Fellowships . Indicate your interest by applying for the General Cardiology Training program. We do not accept J1 visas for our fellowships. Applicants for our fellowship programs must have their green card or U.S. citizenship, and should expect completion of Internal Medicine training at an ACGME-accredited institution prior to the Fellowship.

To apply for the 2-year Cardiovascular Research training program, please fill out this application: Application for 2-year program

We require these documents to be in the ERAS system
before we will evaluate you:

  • Common application form
  • Personal statement
  • Medical School transcript
  • Three required letters of recommendation:
    • One from your Program Director
    • Two from your present institution, preferably one from a faculty member in the Division of Cardiology
  • Wallet-sized color photograph
  • USMLE transcripts
  • ECFMG Status Report (foreign medical graduates only)

We start downloading applicant files in mid-July and will continue downloading until August. Documents will be accepted from ERAS only. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified by mail. Interviews will be conducted August through October.

To apply to all other Cardiovascular Fellowships, please follow the links from panel at top left of page for instructions: 

Quick Reference

School of Medicine
Student Admissions


Student Financial Planning


Student Affairs


Student Records



3rd Floor Watlington Hall
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Medical Center Blvd.
Winston-Salem, NC 27157-1090
Find A Doctor Ways to Give
Last Updated: 01-26-2015
USNWR 2013-2014Magnet Hospital RecognitionConsumer Choice2014 Best DoctorsJoint Commission Report

Disclaimer: The information on this website is for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, evaluation or care from your physician or other qualified health care provider.