Cardiovascular Research Training Program
The research education features of the program include:
- Completion of the requirements for a Master of Science Degree in Clinical and Population Translational Science (CPTS) including course work, written exams, thesis and oral examination.
- 1st year fellows attend the AHA’s 10-day Seminar on the Epidemiology and Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease.
- Each year, fellows attend the AHA’s Annual Conference on Cardiovascular Disease Epidemiology and Prevention in Association w/the Council on Nutrition, Physical Activity and Metabolism.
- Fellows regularly attend several epidemiology and research weekly conferences including a weekly conference with the program director.
- The formal course work required for the Master's Degree Program will be supplemented by additional activities designed to intensify and focus on the genetic and molecular epidemiology of cardiovascular medicine, and includes courses in ethics and the conduct of responsible research.