Camp Med - Grades 9-12
The Camp Med Summer Program is co-sponsored by the Northwest Area Health Education Center (AHEC) of Wake Forest School of Medicine, Forsyth County Schools, and Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. The program is designed to recruit, educate, and prepare high school students for careers in the health professions. Activities include 20-25 contact hours of presentation, tours/observations and clinical experiences.
The program’s aim is to identify 10-15 ninth through twelfth grade high school students who have (a) an interest in a health career and (2) academic potential for a career in the health sciences. The goal of Camp Med is to identify a diverse group of students interested in health careers.
- Be a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior for the school year 2014-2015.
- Complete the application process and meet Camp Med Summer Program Guidelines.
- Have a minimum of 2.5 grade point average.
- Complete a letter of interest outlining your career goals and why you would want to participate in Camp Med.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from teacher, counselor or principal.
2015 Summer Pamphlet
Camp Med - 2009 Camp Med - 2010
Camp Med - 2011
For More Information Contact:
Student Inclusion and Diversity
Wake Forest School of Medicine
Medical Center Boulevard
Winston Salem, NC 27157