Minimum requirements for admission to our program include:
- M.D. or equivalent degree
- Applicants must have completed an ACGME or AOA-accredited residency program in Anesthesiology, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Psychiatry and Neurology, Radiology, or Surgery.
- Graduates of medical schools outside the U.S. and Canada, require certification by the USMLE/FLEX
2014-2015 applications must be submitted through ERAS or written application document. A complete application includes the following:
- ERAS Application or written application document
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- USMLE Steps 1, 2 and 3 scores
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
Applications for the fellowship program may be obtained by e-mail from the Fellowship Coordinator, Stephanie Garrison (email@example.com), or can be downloaded from the Fellowship Application link. Application forms are in Word format and contain instructions for completion.
Download the application
Applications are reviewed by the Hospice and Palliative Medicine Selection Committee and interviews offered to qualified candidates. The Hospice and Palliative Medicine Selection Committee will make an offer based on applicant qualifications including academic record and potential to excel, clinical skills, devotion to teamwork, interactions during the interview day, leadership and integrity.
Applications and Letters of Recommendations should be directed to:
Richard C. Stephenson, MD, Fellowship Director
Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Department of Medicine, Section of General Internal Medicine
Medical Center Boulevard
Winston-Salem, NC 27157