Acute Care Surgery / Surgical Critical Care
Bibliography-R. Shayn Martin, MD
- Martin RS, Chang MC. Initial Assessment of the Injured Patient. In:Pappas TN, Purcell GP, eds. Unbound Surgery. Charlottesville, VA: Unbound Medicine, Inc.; 2004.
- Shen P, Martin RS. Nutrition and Wound Healing in Cancer. In: Molnar JA, ed. Nutrition and Wound Healing. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press; 2007.
- Martin RS, Meredith JW. Introduction to Trauma. In: Peitzman AB, et al, ed. The Trauma Manual: Trauma and Acute Care Surgery. Philadelphia PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2008.
- Meredith JW, Martin RS. CT Angiography for Diagnosis of Blunt Cervical Vascular Injury. Evidence Based Reviews in Surgery –November, 2008.
- Martin RS, Meredith JW. Management of Acute Trauma. In: Townsend Jr CM, et al, ed. Sabiston Textbook of Surgery, 18th Edition. Philadelphia PA: Saunders Elsevier; 2012.
- Hildreth AN, Martin RS, Meredith JW. Introduction to Trauma Care. In: Pietzman, Rhodes, Schwab, Yealey, Fabian, ed. The Trauma Manual: Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, 4th Edition. Philadelphia PA: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins; 2013.
- Bennett BA, Hollingsworth CK, Martin RS, Harp JJ. Methamphetamine-induced alterations in dopamine transporter function. Brain Res. 1997;782: 219-227.
- Bennett BA, Hollingsworth CK, Martin RS, Childers SR, Ehrenkaufer RE, Porrino LJ, Davies HML. Prolonged dopamine and serotonin transporter inhibition after exposure to tropanes. Neuropharm. 1998; 37: 123-130.
- Fusco MA, Martin RS, Chang MC. Estimation of intra-abdominal pressure by bladder pressure measurement: validity and methodology. J Trauma. 2001; 50: 297-302.
- Chang MC, Martin RS, Scherer LA, Meredith JW. Improving ventricular-arterial coupling during resuscitation from shock: effects on cardiovascular function and systemic perfusion. J Trauma. 2002; 53: 679-685.
- Martin RS, Kincaid EH, Russell HM, Meredith JW, Chang MC. Selective management of cardiovascular dysfunction in post-traumatic SIRS and sepsis. Shock. 2005; 23: 202-208.
- Martin RS, Kilgo PD, Miller PR, Hoth JJ, Meredith JW, Chang MC. Injury associated hypothermia: an analysis of the 2004 National Trauma Data Bank. Shock. 2005; 24: 114-118.
- Martin RS, Norris PR, Kilgo PD, Miller PR, Hoth JJ, Meredith JW, Chang MC, Morris JA, Jr. Validation of stroke work and ventricular arterial coupling as markers of cardiovascular performance during resuscitation. JTrauma. 2006; 60: 930-934.
- Martin RS, Smith JS, Hoth JJ, Miller PR, Meredith JW, Chang MC. Increased insulin requirements are associated with pneumonia after severe injury. J Trauma.2007; 63: 358-364.
- Gayzik FS, Martin RS, Gabler HC, Hoth JJ, Duma SM, Meredith JW, Stitzel JD. Characterization of crash induced thoracic loading resulting in pulmonary contusion. J Trauma. 2009; 66: 840-849.
- Loftis K, Martin RS, Meredith JW, Stitzel J. Investigating methods for determining mismatch in near side vehicle impacts. Biomed Sci Instrum. 2009;45:256-61.
- Hoth JJ, Martin RS, Yoza BK, Wells JD, Meredith JW, McCall CE. Pulmonary Contusion Primes Systemic Innate Immunity Responses. J Trauma 2009 Jul; 67 (1):14-21.
- Danelson KA, Gayzik FS, Yu MM, Martin RS, Duma SM, Stitzel JD. Bilateral Carotid Artery Injury Response in Side Impact Using a Vessel Model Integrated with a Human Body Model. Annu Proc Assoc Adv Automot Med 2009; 53:271-279.
- AN Hildreth, MD,T Enniss, MD, RS Martin, MD, PR Miller, MD, D Mitten-Long, RN, BSN, J Gasaway RN, F Ebert, RN, W Butcher, RN, K Browder, MC Chang, MD, JJ Hoth, MD, NT Mowery, MD, JW Meredith, MD. Surgical ICU Mobility is Increased Following Institution of a Computerized Mobility Order Set and ICU Mobility Protocol: A Prospective Cohort Analysis. AM Surg; Aug 2010. 76 (8):818-822
- Stitzel JD, Kilgo PD, Weaver AA, Martin RS, Loftis KL, Meredith JW. Age Thresholds for Increased Mobility of Predominant Crash-Induced Thoracic Injuries. Ann Adv Automot Med. 2010; 54:41-50
- Loftis KL, Pranikoff T, Anthony EY, Meredith JW, Martin RS, Stitzel JD. Pediatric Occupants, Restraint Use and Injuries in Motor Vehicle Crashes-BioMed 2011. Biomed Sci Instrum. 2011; 47-94-99.
- Mowery NT, Dougherty SD, Hildreth AN, Holmes JH 4th, Chang MC, Martin RS, Hoth JJ, Meredith, JW, Miller PR. "Emergency Department Length of Stay is an Independent Predictor of Hospital Mortality in Trauma Activation Patients." J Trauma; June 2011 6(70):1317-1325.
- Gayzik FS, Moreno DP, Geer CP, Wuertzer SD, Martin RS, Stitzel JD. "Development of a Full Body CAD Dataset for Computational Modeling: A Multi-Modality Approach." Ann Biomed Eng; 2011 Oct;39(10):2568-83.
- Becher RD, Colonna AL, Enniss TM, Weaver AA, Crane DK, Martin RS, Mowery NT, Miller PR, Stitzel JD, Hoth JJ. An Innovative Approach to Predict the Development of Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome in Patients with Blunt Trauma. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012 Nov;73(5):1229-35
- Barnard RT, Loftis KL, Martin RS, Stitzel JD. Development of a Robust Mapping between AIS 2+ and ICD-9 Injury Codes. Acc Anal Prev. 2013; 52:133-143.
- Hayes AR, Gayzik FS, Moreno DP, Martin RS, Stitzel JD. Comparison of Organ Location, Morphology, and Rib Coverage of Midsized Male in the Supine and Seated Positions. Comput Math Methods Med. 2013:2013:419821.
- Bowton DL, Hite RD, Martin RS, Sherertz R. The Impart of Hospital-Wide Use of a Tapered Cuff Endotracheal Tape on VAP Incidence. Respir Care. 2013 Feb 19.
- Weaver AA, Barnard RT, Kilgo PD, Martin RS, Stitzel JD, MOrtality-based Quantification of Injury Severity for Frequently Occurring Motor Vehicle Crash Injuries. Ann Adv Automot Med 2013; 57:235-246.
- Hayes AR, Gayzik FS, Moreno, DP, Martin RS, Stitzel JD, ABdominal Organ Location, Morphology, and Rib Coverage for the 5(th), 50(th) and 95(th) Percentile Males and Females in the Supine and Seated Posture using Multi-Modality Imaging. Ann Adv Automot Med. 2013; 57-111-122.
- Miller PR, Chang MC, Hoth JJ, Mowery NT, Hildreth AN, Martin RS, Holmes JH, Meredith JW, Requarth JA. Prospective Trial of Angiography and Embolization of All Grade III to V Blunt Splenic Injuries: Nonoperative Management Sucess Rate is Significantly Improved. J Am Coll Surg. 2014; 218(4):644-648.
- Guirand DM, Okoye OT, Schmidt BS, Mansfield NJ, Aden J, Martin RS, Cestero RF, Hines MH, Pranikoff T, Inaba K, Cannon JW. Venovenous Extracorporeal Life Support Improves Survival in Adult Trauma Patients with Acute Hypoexemic Respiratory Failure: A Multi-Center Retrospective Cohort Study. J. Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2014 May; 76(5):1275-81.