Office of Global Health
Welcome to the Office of Global Health (OGH) at The Wake Forest School of Medicine. The OGH serves to fulfill the mission, vision, and values of the University and the Medical Center through positively impact global health through utilization of the extraordinary expertise, energy, and creativity of the Wake Forest faculty, residents, students and staff. We welcome you to stop by our office - 1st Floor of the Gray Building - directly across from Creative Communications.
Developing the Office of Global Health
It is the aim of this office to reflect the institutional vision that Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center is a preeminent, internationally recognized medical center of the highest quality with balanced excellence in patient care, research and education, and that its mission includes training leaders in global healthcare. The Office of Global Health will serve as the foundation to integrate the many outstanding projects already in place and facilitate growth in this area on an exponential level.
Global Health Update
- Recent Site Visits at Tamale Teaching Hospital, Ghana: As our affilation moves forward, site visits from the Departments of General Surgery, Pediatrics and Orthopedics have been completed. As such, we are excited about future student, resident and faculty rotation opportunities at TTH starting in 2014. Concurrently, we are growing clinical, educational, and research partnerships. This is an incredible opportunity for global health collaboration and growth between our institutions.
- Contact the Office of Global Health if your Department may have interest in establishing future opportunities at this affiliate site.
- Global Health Education Series: This monthly education series launched August 2013 and has been very well received by all those present. Watch for montly announcements of the coming sessions - and dive deeper into global health. Current sessions focus on one of the following:
- Seminar Series: Discussion forums related to moral and ethically challenging aspects of global health
- History of Global Health Series: Hosted by Dr. Timothy Pennell, this will be a series looking at the history of Global Health and Wake Forest and beyond
- Global Health Snapshots: A series of lectures highlighting Wake Forest faculty members and local leaders sharing about their passion for global health
- Wake Forest Nicaragua Project: Thank you to those that participated with the Nicaragua Nexus Symposium held on the Reynolda Campus at the Byrum Welcome Center Auditorium.
Upcoming Global Health Activities:
- Global Health Education Series
- Watch for monthly updates