Applications must be submitted through ERAS. The deadline is January 1, 2018 but you are encouraged to apply early as interview slots fill quickly. A complete application includes the following:
- ERAS Application
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Steps 1 and 2 scores: Step 1 is required at the time of interview. Step 2 clinical knowledge and clinical skills are required prior to the intern's official start date (June 24).
- DO applicants are not required to take USMLE Step 1 and can apply with just their COMLEX 1 and 2 scores.
- MSPE (Medical Student Performance Evaluation) from your Dean's Office
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. For categorical program (3 year) applicants, one of these must be an Internal Medicine Departmental Letter written by the Chair or designee.
Applications are reviewed by the Intern Selection Committee and interviews offered to qualified candidates. Invitations for interviews will be issued via ERAS email starting late September and extending through January. The Intern Selection Committee compiles the final Match list based on several qualifications including academic record and potential to excel, clinical skills, interactions during the interview day, research experience, community service, leadership and integrity.
International Medical Graduates:
- International graduates and non-US citizen graduates of American medical schools must have passed the E.C.F.M.G. and U.S.M.L.E. exams. Additional information may be obtained by visiting the ECFMG website.
- Medical School graduation within the past 5 years.
- USMLE Step 1 and 2 scores of above 200 on the first attempt.
- Hold a valid ECFMG Certification at the time of application.
- Must be able to obtain a North Carolina Residency Training License.
- Have at least one year of "hands-on" clinical experience in the United States (observerships and research do not qualify).
- Our institution sponsors a J-1 visa. No other visa types will be accepted.
*Wake Forest Baptist Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity. Recruitment is solely on the basis of the individual's qualifications and ability to fulfill the requirements of Internal Medicine residency without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or disability.