Hospitalist Pathway Structure
- Identify residents interested in Hospitalist Training Pathway (HTP) and assess for specific mentorship needs.
- Encourage residents to look for quality improvement projects.
- Start working on QI project under supervision of Hospitalist Quality Improvement Project Team.
- One block of academic hospitalist rotation with experience of transition of care.
- ACE Unit rotation incorporating Palliative Care/Hospice education.
- Procedure rotation.
- Join key hospital committees.
- Six day leadership training workshop to be completed over second and third years.
- Outcome research projects to be completed during R2 & R3 on common hospital illnesses (community-acquired pneumonia, VTE, CHF)
- Business of Medicine elective and completion of Leadership courses.
- One block of Hospitalist Rotation with experience of transition of care.
- Peri-operative, co-managing surgical patients, rehab and nursing home experiences.
- Build CV, contract negotiation, interview skills.
- Continue work with hospital’s key committees.
- ED/Triage rotation.
- GMT elective incorporating training for inpatient glycemic control, basic education regarding diet, wound and disaster management.
Hospitalist Training Pathway – Proposed Schedule 2nd
Hospitalist Training Pathway – Proposed Schedule 3rd