Program Structure and Curriculum
Typical Weekly Intern Ambulatory Schedule
Continuity Clinic, Subspecialty Clinic, or Research
Departmental Grand Rounds
Communication Skills Seminar
Evidence-Based Medicine Seminar
Health Care Systems & Quality Improvement Seminar
|11:30am to 12:10pm||Morning Report||Morning Report||Morning Report|| ||Morning Report|
| 12:15pm|| || || ||Resident Grand Rounds|| |
|Continuity Clinic, Subspeciality Clinic, or Research||Continuity Clinic, Subspeciality Clinic, or Research||Academic|
|Continuity Clinic, Subspeciality Clinic, or Research||Continuity Clinic, Subspeciality Clinic, or Research|
- Each Categorical intern is in continuity clinic one afternoon each week (Constant day throughout the entire year).
- The other clinics are chosen based on each intern’s personal or professional interests.
- Academic half-day —A variety of conferences including Intern Survival Skills Series, Core Curriculum Series, Morbidity and Mortality, Medical Information Management Seminar, Journal club, etc.
- Interns can schedule (up to 50%) one rotation to partner with a research mentor and prepare for a research project.
- These experiences occur during the HO I year only. Other clinical research experiences may be scheduled for HO 2s and HO 3s.