Use the tabs above to explore the year pages
Welcome to The Office of Student Affairs.
We support individual students and student groups throughout their medical school years. The main student-related activities are organized through this office including orientations, the White Coat ceremony, preparation for residency application, including the creation of the Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) letter (also known as the Dean's letter), ERAS
support, Match Day coordination, and Graduation events.
In conjunction with the Learning Communities (Houses), Student Inclusion & Diversity, and Student Wellness, the Office of Student Affairs provides academic, career, and personal counseling and advice. The office can also arrange for special tutorial assistance or referral for formal learning evaluations.
Other responsibilities of the office include:
- Oversight of student health, wellness, and the learning environment through the Office of Student Wellness and the Learning Environment Enrichment Group (LEEG)
- Access to individual and group mentoring and coaching
- Access to individual, couple and group counseling
- Acting as the contact point for Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- Providing advising and/or administrative support to the student government, Honor Council, Promotions Committee, AOA, and the Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Coordination of the Early Academic Referral and Support (EARS) Program
- Development and delivery of the Year 1 LAUNCH course as an introduction to medical school
- Facilitation of the transition from the classroom setting to the clinical setting
Marcia M. Wofford, MD
Dean of Student Affairs
Bowman Gray Center for Medical Education, 2nd Floor
475 Vine St
of Student Affairs (OSA) is happy to help you
with your academic and student life needs. For questions or assistance, please
email us, call or come by the Student Affairs office on second floor of the
Commons building. OSA Contacts
Faculty & Staff