The Office of Student Affairs supports the members of the student body throughout their medical careers. All student-related issues and activities are organized through this office including preparation for residency, creation of the MSPE letter for residency, Match Day, the White Coat Ceremony, Orientations, and graduation. The office provides academic, career, and personal counseling. The office can also arrange special tutorial assistance, test-taking assessments, and learning-disability evaluations.
Clinical rotation schedules for Year 3 are arranged in this office in conjunction with the Office of Academic Affairs.
Other responsibilities of the office include:
- Oversight of student health and wellness
- Access to personal counseling
- Student life and recreation issues
- Acting as the contact point for Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- Providing administrative assistance to the student government, Honor Council, Promotions Committee, AOA, and the Gold Humanism Honor Society