Use the tabs above to explore the year pages
Congratulations Class of 2017!
Happy Match Day from Student Affairs
Julie M. Johnson
Student Affairs Special Projects Coordinator/ Year 4
Match Day - Class of 2017
Graduation Activities - Class of 2017
Saturday, May 13, 12:00 noon – 3:00pm: GradFest at Bailey Park
- Location: 445 Patterson Avenue, Winston-Salem
- GradFest is a medical school-wide festival to celebrate the graduating class and to present awards voted upon by students and faculty. Awards will be presented at 2:00pm, with the Military Commissioning Ceremony at 2:30pm. Students from all years, faculty, and staff are welcome to attend. Graduating students’ families are also welcome to attend, but an RSVP is required. Food will be catered by Dr. Joey Skelton in the Department of Pediatrics and Mountain Fried Chicken. A vegetarian option will be available, please make your preference on the rsvp link below. Blue Ridge Ice Cream and Dewey’s cake squares will also be provided. Lawn games will be available. (student plus 3 guests receives complimentary tickets, each additional ticket is $10.00).
- Sunday, May 14, 4:30pm: Diploma and Hooding Ceremony
Location: Wait Chapel, Wake Forest University, 1834 Wake Forest Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27106
- The Diploma and Hooding Ceremony is where you receive your doctoral hood and have the opportunity to have your photo taken with the Dean, faculty, and your family in full regalia with your diploma cover. Please note that your actual diploma will not be distributed until Monday after President Hatch confers your degree. Please arrive in full regalia and business attire no later than 3:45pm in front of the bookstore on Hearn Plaza. Look for the MD lineup sign. Staff will assist you in lining up alphabetically for the procession. Family may line up at the side doors of Wait Chapel. Due to time constraints and logistics, no outside participation is allowed at hooding. The ceremony is approximately 1½ hours. Tickets are not required.
Monday, May 15, 9:00am: Commencement & Diploma Distribution
- Location: Hearn Plaza & Benson University Center Room 401, Wake Forest University
- Graduates will participate in the large commencement ceremonies on Hearn Plaza to hear the guest speaker and to have degrees conferred. After degrees are conferred, University Marshals will then escort all medical school graduates to Benson University Center Room 401 for an informal diploma distribution, yearbook distribution, regalia drop-off, and Welcome Reception sponsored by the Medical Alumni Association. Graduates should assemble on the Bookstore side of Hearn Plaza in the parking lot between Davis and Taylor Residence Halls by 8:00am wearing professional business attire underneath full regalia. Please report to the MD degree sign. The ceremony is approximately 1½ hours. Tickets are required for all guests (not graduates). There is a limit of eight (8) tickets per graduate. Please see the link above in this email to order tickets.
- Note: if your regalia is not returned by 12:00 noon on Monday, May 15, you will be assessed a late fee and your residency paperwork will not be mailed to your residency program.
If for some reason you are
unable to attend Hooding and/or Commencement, please notify the Office of Student
Affairs ASAP at 336-716-4271 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the Office of
Student Affairs at 336-716-4271 or at email@example.com with any questions. We look forward
to sharing this exciting time with you!
Useful Student Links
IT Services/Academic Computing: For questions or problems with your laptop, please contact Academic Computing at ACLAB_DL@wakehealth.edu or phone: 336-716-1410.
Wake Forest Medical Center: The Information contained herein Is Intended to provide Students with basic parking and transportation Information. All Medical Center faculty, staff, house staff, students and contractors are required to register their vehicles and display a bar code sticker on their vehicle. Students may register up to two vehicles and will receive a bar code decal for each one. Students may request/cancel student parking at any time.
Wake Forest School of Medicine Bowman Gray Center for Medical Education:
Wake Forest Innovation Quarter Parking Application
Please note that students do not pay for parking and will not be charged the parking fee.
Student Parking Map