Molecular Medicine and Translational Sciences MS Curriculum
OVERVIEW OF REQUIREMENTS
YEAR ONE (Fall, Spring, Summer):
1. Select a thesis research mentor and a three-member advisory committee.
2. Take MCB 700 (Analytical Skills) in the 2 weeks preceding the fall semester.
3. Take CPTS 730 (Introduction to Statistics) in the fall semester.
4. Take an Ethics course in the fall and spring semesters.
5. Take MMTS 711/712 (Translational Science Seminar) in the fall and spring semesters.
6. Take MMTS 724 (Scientific Development and the Business of Science) in the spring semester.
7. Choose electives in the fall and spring semesters to total 9-10 hr.
8. Take MMTS 791/792 (Research) in the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
YEAR TWO (Fall, Spring, Summer):
1. Take Translational Science Seminar in the fall and spring semesters.
2. Take Research in the fall, spring and summer (if needed) semesters.
3. Take any needed electives in the fall and spring semesters.
4. Sign up for "Thesis Only" for summer term (if plan to graduate in Aug)
5. Prepare manuscripts and thesis to graduate at end of summer term.