Career Development for Women Leaders Program
The Office of Women in Medicine and Science's (OWIMS) Leadership & Mentoring Program sponsors the Career Development for Women Leaders (CDWL)** Program, a professional development fellowship, which began in January 2008. ** Formerly Career Development Seminar for Emerging Women Leaders
The CDWL fellowship, modeled after national programs for women in academic medicine, covers 9 one-day sessions and spans 9 months. Because national leadership programs for women (AAMC, ELAM, CCL, BRIDGES) are becoming increasingly competitive and expensive and only a few faculty members can benefit each year, the purposes of the cross-campus CDWL program are to provide:
- an affordable, university-based leadership development program for women who are either currently in or aspire to leadership roles at Wake Forest;
- a local, national level quality experience that allows more women to participate in leadership education; and
- an opportunity to bring women together from diverse professional backgrounds (theater, math, anesthesiology) to exchange ideas and foster cross-campus collaboration.
Presenters are nationally and internationally known experts, executive coaches and senior WFU faculty and administrators. All presenters are highly respected in their content areas.
2015-2016 Call for Applications
The 2015-2016 Program will begin in September. There are 18 Fellows in the Program. Draft 2015-2016 schedule.
Schedule for 2014-2015 Program
Class of 2008
Class of 2009-2010
Class of 2010-2011
Class of 2011-2012
Class of 2012-2013
Class of 2013-2014
Class of 2014-2015
- Of 91 CDWL graduates in all years (2008-2014), 43 (47%) have accepted a new leadership role after program completion.
- Of those 43 (47%), 13 (30%) have accepted more than one new leadership role since program completion.
- Only 8 (9%) graduates have left their institution. Of these, 4 (50%) left for leadership opportunities at their new institution.
Program Feedback and feedback from a 2011 Graduate: http://cloud.lib.wfu.edu/blog/
Contact Natalie Barrett with questions at email@example.com.