Physician scientists become familiar with the manuscript preparation process through mentored research. Part of the program experience includes becoming familiar with the peer-review process, in addition to experimental design, execution of experimental techniques, collection of data, analysis of data, and interpretation of data.
Each physician scientist is taught to navigate the peer review process with the help of basic science and clinical mentorship from the faculty. Additionally, many physician scientists have also served as reviewers for peer-reviewed journals. Further, physician scientist are also given opportunities to write book chapters and produce instructional orthopaedic surgery videos.
Physician scientists have been very successful in publishing their scientific results in peer-reviewed journals. For a complete listing, please see the individual ‘current & past residents’ links to PubMed on the physician scientists profiles.
Some of the journals in which our physician scientists have published include:
- The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery [Am.]
- The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery [Br.]
- Journal of Hand Surgery [Am.]
- Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics
- Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- Foot Ankle International
- Neuroscience Letters
- Annals of Biomedical Engineering
- Journal of Clinical Biomechanics
- Journal of Orthopaedic Research
- Journal of Surgical Orthopaedic Advances
- Journal of Arthroplasty
- Joint Bone Spine
- Muscle Nerve
- Tissue Engineering Part A
- Clinical Sports Medicine
- Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research