Pulmonary, Critical Care, Allergy & Immunologic Diseases
The Pulmonary, Critical Care, Allergy & Immunologic Diseases Section provides education at all levels of medical training: didactic education and clinical training for medical students, residents, fellows, physician assistant students, pharmacy students and residents, and many levels of community CME. Our faculty are leaders in the education arena, with many receiving nominations as “Teacher of the Year” by the internal medicine residents. We are proud that the Teacher of the Year for the past five years has been one of our faculty members.
Education is a priority within our Section. All faculty members participate in educational experiences, and three faculty members have a significant commitment to each specific level of training:
- Dr. Haponik is the MS II Pulmonary Block Director
- Dr. Chatterjee is MS III/ MS IV Pulmonary/Critical Care Course Director, and is also a member of the IM House Staff Executive Committee
- Dr. Chatterjee is coordinating the clinical immersion course for the MBA school
- Pascual is coordinating Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine Fellow conferences and board review
- Dr. Mark Dykewicz, Director of Allergy and Immunology, is director of the fellowship program in Allergy and Immunology, and the director of resident rotations in Allergy and Immunology.