Wake Forest Baptist Health currently offers Recreation Therapy Internships in the following areas:
Practicum/Field Experience Student Agreement
Recreation Therapy Student Application
The intern will work under the direction of a North Carolina licensed recreational therapist and a nationally certified CTRS. Interns are required to do Case Study presentations, related readings, special projects and other duties outlined by their clinical intern supervisor. The intern also is required to do administrative readings and meet with the Clinical Director of Recreation Therapy, covering administrative topics.
As schedule permits, interns may have the opportunity to become oriented with other areas where Recreation Therapy services are delivered. The clinical internship offered to students is comprehensive and will provide a student with a thorough hands on experience in the field of Recreation Therapy. An intern will work a minimum of 40 hours a week and may be asked to work a flex schedule which may include evenings and weekends.
All interested applicants should submit a letter of intent and a resume to the Clinical Director of Recreation Therapy by the time table below. All applicants will be contacted immediately following the date with those potential interns being contacted for an on site interview.
|Internships ||Apply By: |
|January-April ||October 1 |
|May-July ||February 1 |
|August-December ||May 1 |
For additional information, please feel free to call 336-713-3076.
All cover letters, resumes, and applications should be addressed to:
Pamela A. Wilson, MS, LRT/CTRS
Clinical Director of Recreation Therapy
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
P.O. Box 1110 Medical Center Boulevard
Winston-Salem, NC 27157-1110
Or Email to: email@example.com. Please encrypt your personal information.
- Gain knowledge of the multifaceted role of a Recreation Therapist in a clinical setting.
- Put academic training into practice under the supervision of a Recreation Therapist.
- Enable the student to develop skills (communicative, leadership, assessment, programming, and evaluation) needed in working with patients, families and staff.
- Become familiar with the administrative duties of a Recreation Therapy Clinical Director.
- Become familiar with the hospital's overall philosophies and functions.
- Gain insight into their suitability and desire to become employed in the field of Recreation Therapy.