Welcome to the Student Wellness website, serving medical, physician assistant and graduate students on the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center campus.
Medical, physician assistant and graduate student education can be stressful and demanding with many competing commitments. Resilience and the ability to balance commitments to one’s self, others and the larger educational and professional context are key developmental capacities for adapting and thriving during this time of continuous learning and growth. Many students find that participating in wellness activities, connections with other students, as well as, seeking the support of counseling and learning professionals can enhance a student’s ability to thrive in this intense and highly demanding environment.
It is with this awareness that our mission was developed - to support and promote the emotional, intellectual, physical, social and spiritual wellness of students on our campus through providing counseling services and wellness activities.
Some of the services and activities we offer:
Small Group Counseling/Coaching
Integrative Awareness Training
Student Wellness Advisory Board
Wellness activities are generated and led by students on the Student Wellness Advisory Board. Membership is open to interested students from the medical, physician assistant and graduate schools on our campus. The goals of this group are to:
- Foster the genius and talents within each individual by enhancing the satisfaction found in student life
- Maximize student well-being
- Promote resilience and the ability to balance commitments to one’s self, others and the larger educational and professional context/environment
- Enhance interdisciplinary collaboration
- Promote diversity
- Enable students to pursue areas of interest
- Enhance intrapersonal awareness, self-management, and stress management
- Enhance interpersonal awareness, communication and relationship management
For more information about getting involved with student wellness, students may contact Dave Conklin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-543-2543.
Student Wellness Online Community
The Wake SWC website is a secure online wellness community which allows students to organize wellness activities, start a dialogue about issues they face, write and read blog posts, and network with other students.
For more information contact
Jamie Dickey Ungerleider, MA, MSW-LCSW, PhD
Director, Wellness Activities and Counseling
| || || |
Wellness Activities Calendar
Wellness Links and Resources